248 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Romania
bodorobodo says
http://audiojungle.net/old_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=custom+work&type=forums&type_id=topic%3A11 Interesting thread on the subject.

I’ve charged 100$ for the track of a presentation

657 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

http://audiojungle.net/old_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=custom+work&type=forums&type_id=topic%3A11 Interesting thread on the subject.

Very interesting! Thanx for your post!

btw. the Salary Survey 2011-2012 is also very, VERY interesting!

Keep on rocking and create some great music!

CHA!

769 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
StudioEtude says

When me was asked to write an exclusive track for (the author’s film, advertising, presentation, the recording for theater, schools, organizations), I take from 100-200 dollars for a single track, regardless of the length, but depending on the complexity of the track, or project

225 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Germany
Boldtrax says

Pretty much depending on the budget of the buyer. But especially when we’re talking about a total buyout (which I guess is what you mean), so they pay a one time fee and you’ll never hear of that track again, even 4 digits seem very little. I was asked not so lang ago by an advertising agency for a total buyout (non AJ track) and in regards to the track I layed down a figure of 18.000 €. This figure is still pretty low regarding the fact that they could easily use that track for a worldwide ad campaign or whatever, where it’s also not unlikely to earn 100.000 bucks for a placement.

In the end you need a certain gut feel about the whole thing. Some research might help, who wants to have it, do they tell you what it is for, etc. In the end, you’ll need to offer a price that you feel comfortable with. Sometimes I rather have 5000 bucks and do another track, than trying to sell it for 20.000 and having nothin in the end.

Just don’t undervalue your work by selling something exclusively for 199$.

B.

248 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
bodorobodo says

Pretty much depending on the budget of the buyer. But especially when we’re talking about a total buyout (which I guess is what you mean), so they pay a one time fee and you’ll never hear of that track again, even 4 digits seem very little. I was asked not so lang ago by an advertising agency for a total buyout (non AJ track) and in regards to the track I layed down a figure of 18.000 €. This figure is still pretty low regarding the fact that they could easily use that track for a worldwide ad campaign or whatever, where it’s also not unlikely to earn 100.000 bucks for a placement.

In the end you need a certain gut feel about the whole thing. Some research might help, who wants to have it, do they tell you what it is for, etc. In the end, you’ll need to offer a price that you feel comfortable with. Sometimes I rather have 5000 bucks and do another track, than trying to sell it for 20.000 and having nothin in the end.

Just don’t undervalue your work by selling something exclusively for 199$.

B.

There are dozens of campaigns in Romania held for Vodafone, Orange and other international brands. What do you know, their music is many cases from AJ. 14$.

537 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
muscma01 says

I charge around 1000 a minute for exclusive music, but it depends on your market. Remember your in the music business, not in music charity.

by
by
by
by
by
by