MysticLotusMusic
MysticLotusMusic Recent Posts Threads Started
21 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
MysticLotusMusic says

Adammonroe is accurate, as far as I am able to tell. After a few weeks, my pieces get significantly less views. After about a week and a half, my sales decrease for each track, and if the pattern continues, that means it’s done being sold.

I’m sort of questioning whether or not it’s worth it to spend hours and hours writing and recording a piece, uploading it, then have it sell 0-2 times before sinking into oblivion.

If establishing a name for yourself is possible on this site alone, and I can manage to bring in return customers, then it definitely will be worth it.

But this is all a sort of experiment for me. I’m young, and have the time to do it right now. But this would not be a good full time job for me so far. Or even a part time job… Lol. But I will be setting aside some money for advertising in the future, and I have plenty of time to gauge how things work here, so who knows what will happen?

63 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
dreamsonix says

My first sale was after 2 days I think and so far the one and only :-)

301 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Finland
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
AudioAgent says

It took about an hour for me to get the first sale, although that particular tune hasn’t sold since…

BristolMusicTech
BristolMusicTech Recent Posts Threads Started
11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
BristolMusicTech says

i got some sales almost instantly, then they seem to have slowed down.

283 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
adammonroe says

I’m sort of questioning whether or not it’s worth it to spend hours and hours writing and recording a piece, uploading it, then have it sell 0-2 times before sinking into oblivion. If establishing a name for yourself is possible on this site alone, and I can manage to bring in return customers, then it definitely will be worth it.

I think for newer guys like us with smaller portfolios we have to just try and establish a decent-sized portfolio, then we can worry about marketing our stuff. It’s very slow-going for me, as I can churn out maybe one good quality track a week – anything too hastily thrown together tends to get rejected. But hey, maybe in a year I’ll have 52 high quality-tracks.

103 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
chatblanc says

I put my first song in november then i didnt do anything until the end of april cause i was travelling. So i waited more then 5 months for my first sale :) Now i’m touring again with a reggae band, but i have an enough sized portfolio that’s working for me :) Just had the surprise of 2 extended 2 hours ago… Good luck to everybody!

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

A year and 3 months.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
Q_Wset says

Registered in May, June, threw the seventh track, and after four days of its approved and purchased through the week, everything) I will not need =)

497 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bosone says

well, after just 12 days I already made 7 sales, including 1 extended license sale. I uploaded my whole portfolio on the first three days of august. I just wish that the sales will go like this! :P I have other music to upload but I feel it could be better to wait for september and upload just a couple of songs a week, just to be more on the top page. For now I’m more than happy, even if I still wonder how people can find my music! :)

... and I hope to be features some day! :)

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Russian Federation
transiberian says

Registered in July 2012. Uploaded a couple of tracks and had 2 sales soon after that (2 or 3 days) and no any more sale since then.. I suppose newcomers have very low chances to sell many items because the customers search from top 50 or even 20 authors..

by
by
by
by
by
by