20 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
vennerconcept says

Haha i got 6 soft-rejected before about my a item :) Dont worry this is a good thing for you.
The guy above got rejected 20 times. 20 times! And at last they got rejected fully. They worked, tried, hoped, spent much time, so much nerves. Envato could be more kind to people and tell reasons why they reject. So that people know what direction they should go.

Yeah, soft-rejected could be a good things too, right!

121 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ProfTeam says

Our item got soft rejected 20 times yes 20! and then we simply received that our item is not ready to be accepted!
What!? 20 and still rejection? I’m sorry to hear that man. :(

No unfortunately after 20 soft-rejections we got hard rejection!! the last message that we have received is: ” Unfortunately after quite a few soft rejections we feel that your theme is not going to be approved any time soon.

You are making a few changes but these are not enough.

We’re not seeing sufficient improvements. Your item does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet. “

They simply hard rejected our item after 7 months of hard working and continuous improvements (from July, 2013 to Jan 2014)

We worked very very hard on our item every time the reviewer sends us that he can see improvements but the item is not ready yet! and finally we received that they are not seeing sufficient improvements!!! very confusing!

We’re totally depressed :crying: Not fair :(

89 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
designingmedia says

Haha i got 6 soft-rejected before about my a item :) Dont worry this is a good thing for you.
The guy above got rejected 20 times. 20 times! And at last they got rejected fully. They worked, tried, hoped, spent much time, so much nerves. Envato could be more kind to people and tell reasons why they reject. So that people know what direction they should go.
Yeah, soft-rejected could be a good things too, right!

I mean in terms to improve yourself is good.

66 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
TitanThemes says
No unfortunately after 20 soft-rejections we got hard rejection!! the last message that we have received is: ” Unfortunately after quite a few soft rejections we feel that your theme is not going to be approved any time soon.

We’re not seeing sufficient improvements. Your item does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet. “

They simply hard rejected our item after 7 months of hard working and continuous improvements (from July, 2013 to Jan 2014)

We worked very very hard on our item every time the reviewer sends us that he can see improvements but the item is not ready yet! and finally we received that they are not seeing sufficient improvements!!! very confusing!

from July, 2013 to Jan 2014 is a huge gap fixing a softreject can only take up to 3 days max, no wonder you got hard rejected. Design quality increase over a short period of time. You should have fixed it as soon as possible.

if you are submitting as a wordpress from my tiny expirience before you submit themes make sure to test it using theme test plugin and Theme Unit Test

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/themeforest-check/
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test
121 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ProfTeam says

from July, 2013 to Jan 2014 is a huge gap fixing a softreject can only take up to 3 days max, no wonder you got hard rejected. Design quality increase over a short period of time. You should have fixed it as soon as possible.

if you are submitting as a wordpress from my tiny expirience before you submit themes make sure to test it using theme test plugin and Theme Unit Test

Dear, you did not understand our point from July 2013 to Jan 2014 is 20 soft-rejections times not one fix its 20 fixes and improvements within this period.

154 posts ThemeVan
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeVan says

I got 2 times soft-rejected when I submit my first item

114 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mountainthemes says

Generally 1 or 2 soft rejected.

28 posts
    Located in Georgia Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
nodariko says

Hey there, yet i have 2 rejects…

Please anyone explain main differences between soft and hard rejects, ?

What kind of rejection is this? Unfortunately, your submission “tiem description” isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/399/57/

169 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subsolar says

Until now – 1 soft rejection per item..

“Soft Reject” is when your item is passing a lot of the requirements but needs a few slight fixes/additions/ The item is uploaded on themeforest, but it’s hidden until completely approved.

“Hard Reject” is when you file has a lot to do and is very far from the quality of the files on themeforest.

That’s pretty much it :)

20 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
vennerconcept says

Dear, you did not understand our point from July 2013 to Jan 2014 is 20 soft-rejections times not one fix its 20 fixes and improvements within this period.

Usually I got 2 and 3 times soft-rejected in my 2 items before this. But this is very different for me, I got 5 soft-rejected for the last 2 month.

So, what I got from your point is soft-rejections doesn’t mean that the item will be approved and then I must move on to the next better theme as fast as posible if we got that kind of soft-rejected. fortunately I have prepared a backup theme during the last 2 months and is nearing completion.

May GOD help hard and soft-rejection guys. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by