393 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
weCREATEthings says

Hi guys.

There is a buyer that is asking me how much I charge him for customize one of my logo stings project.

But to be honest I don’t have a clue about how much is the right price for that, because I usually don’t do that service.

Anyone of you guys have any experience with this?

How much is a fair cost? What method do you use for getting paid?

Any advice will be appreciatted! Thanks!

430 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
vovkacg says

Hey, charge for it as for a usual job, count how many hours it will take and multiply by your hour rate. If you’re not satisfied add something to this number, and you’ll got a final price.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

The lowest I’ve ever charged for customizing a logo sting is $20. It took about ten minutes though. I’d normally charge $50 which wouldn’t include the cost of the template or the audio. Some would cost more especially if they take a while to render, there’s a bit more work than drag and drop, or if they want revisions. Most are downloaded, edited, rendered and uploaded in less than an hour though.

Same for anything other than logo stings, but for those I’ll usually charge minimum of $99.

It’s all about getting the right balance of earning a decent amount and charging properly for the value that you’re providing. And it’s difficult with templates… looking at your portfolio, it’s apparent you’re much better in After Effects than I am. However, if I edit and render a template, it’s going to look the same as if you edit and render a template.. unless they want editing of the template itself. So although you could charge more than me for custom work, there’s going to be quite a bit of competition when it comes to something that just requires a relatively basic knowledge of the software, and the software itself.

Just my dos centimos.

393 posts
+2 more
weCREATEthings says

Hey, charge for it as for a usual job, count how many hours it will take and multiply by your hour rate. If you’re not satisfied add something to this number, and you’ll got a final price.

Yeah, I like the part on adding something to the number, but it doesn’t work this time :grin:

Just kidding, thanks for the advice!

393 posts
+2 more
weCREATEthings says

looking at your portfolio, it’s apparent you’re much better in After Effects than I am.

Thanks mate, but you just made me blush! :grin:

by
by
by
by
by
by