18 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kayenn says

Hi, We are designers, and not web developers and new to Envato. We are planning to jump into ThemeForest. We are actually at the very beginning stage of web development although we’ve got more than 12 years experience in graphics sector. There are many freelancer here but we’d like to know if there’s anyone out there on ThemeForest willing to take our design (fully layered psd) and convert it to HTML and WordPress. And what might you charge for it? We are willing to hire freelancer from TF because they are familiar with this marketplace and they know what standards does TF require. We are looking for long-term relations. So kindly, be gentle to propose. Keep in mind the rejections at TF, we know this can be painful, also the upgraded versions. We’d like to work on fixed price and not hourly rates. As for reference, what we demand is sort of templates as: http://themeforest.net/item/hulk-businessportfolio-wordpress-theme/168754 http://themeforest.net/item/karma-clean-and-modern-wordpress-theme/168737

We don’t think you’d need a screenshot of design as it’s obvious from above 2 examples. But in case, PSD screenshot will be provided after we’ve chosen one of you. Feel free to ask any questions and make yourself comfortable with us. Thanks for your time.

Regards

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

No one will offer to work with you if you do not showcase some of your work.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

Hi,

I don’t think you will find any dev that would convert a psd to xhtml and wp for a fixed rate (especially if you want a dev capable of making themes of the quality of the ones you posted), unless you want to pay 15 to 30 thousands dollars to the dev…

Also if your psds are great, you should find a partner and share the sales with him/her… probably with a 10%/90% share… 90% to the dev of course.

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

90% to the dev of course.

????? – feeling alright over there. Don’t you think designing 10 to 20 designs and complete user interface structure for a project isn’t much work. We also have a partner account here on themeforest and codecanyon and we split everything 50/50

Dev takes care of tech related things, Designer comes with the ideas, does the marketing, docs etc etc. so 50/50 is a very good deal. Dev’s are important but they stand nowhere when they don’t have a good designer or when they can’t design themselves. And this is vice versa so 10/90 is a ridiculous suggestion and therefore i hope your joking about this..

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

????? – feeling alright over there. Don’t you think designing 10 to 20 designs and complete user interface structure for a project isn’t much work. We also have a partner account here on themeforest and codecanyon and we split everything 50/50

Dev takes care of tech related things, Designer comes with the ideas, does the marketing, docs etc etc. so 50/50 is a very good deal. Dev’s are important but they stand nowhere when they don’t have a good designer or when they can’t design themselves. And this is vice versa so 10/90 is a ridiculous suggestion and therefore i hope your joking about this..

I was exaggerating, but 50% for psds and 50% for xhtml, wp and support isn’t a good deal for the dev.

If there is any dev out there that wants our psds and make everything and then split 50/50 should send us an email immediately :)

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Don’t do 50/50 ever. It’s a rare occasion envato does this with us with the lowest commission but actually it’s good in this case :D I mean with a colleague, or when doing business. If you really want to split make it 51/49. A wise enterpreneaur told me this a while back, I didn’t know what he meant but I do know now. True fifty fifty just doesn’t happen in real life.

18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kayenn says

I was exaggerating, but 50% for psds and 50% for xhtml, wp and support isn’t a good deal for the dev.

If there is any dev out there that wants our psds and make everything and then split 50/50 should send us an email immediately :)

First of all, thanks for your interest in reading this thread. Aren’t you a bit harsh on designers with 10/90 split. Well, that makes me think, you might be some damn huge dev. Well designing 10-15 pages isn’t a piece of cake either. I’m not only resposible for making psd files but also marketing. Thanks again for reading all this and for your time.

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

When you have made good agreements about sharing the tasks then 50/50 isn’t really that bad. We have a agreement that I (designer) do all the hosting costs, user interfaces, presentation, ideas and filling and testing of the theme when dev is finished.

So my partner (developer) can focus on just the developing part of our themes and plugins.

This works best for us and you’ll need to understand that (even developers are awesome and we all need them) when the visual aspect isn’t well presented and designed the developer on it’s own is nothing.

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
GradaStudio says

hey i sent you an email kindly check and revert back.

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
libra-online says

so, what you really are saying (if i understand correctly), that you have psd and someone should basically do all the work for cheap. problems: a wordpress template is not just design, is a lot of functions and extra stuff, the design is a small piece. i make a psd in 2 hrs, and code the wordpress theme for another 3 weeks to be functional. another thing. when you upload another person’s work, and the clients start flooding you for support, how will you help them? also if you know nothing about html/php/wordpress, how will you write a good documentation? these all gather up, and i doubt themeforest will even accept the template in the first place (documentation is a must), but even if it does, everyone will give you poor ratings because you cannot answer the clients questions. i am not against it of course, try it if you want but is a 90% lose situation as i see it. best thing is start learning some skills, make your own work, and you will win a lot more.

by
by
by
by
by
by