148 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

Hi,

How much you offer or charge for supporting the themeforest products? I often see the work opportunities to support the themeforest products. All of the authors ask about your desired hourly rate. It would be great if you can share the average, so that a person does not ask for too high or too low rates.

Thanks.

3519 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

You ask how much you worth.. It’s a simple as that :)

148 posts
loveetc says

I’m confused cos I thought I was priceless :sarcasm: How about you give your opinion?

23 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+2 more
bravewhale says

I don’t have any themes for sale on here yet, but I am working on my first. However, I’ve been building custom wp sites for clients for 5 years, and pricing is always difficult to pin down.

I’ll tell you that I have an hourly range, depending on the client and type of work, that I charge from $50 to $80 per hour.

If I’m just doing support, like talking them through how to update something, or checking why their posts aren’t showing up and then fixing an options setting, I’ll likely charge on the low end; so $50/hour for that kind of support.

148 posts
loveetc says

@bravewhale. Thank you very much for your reply.

5873 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

“There is no spoon”

When you fix a support issue in minutes with single conversation because of your vast experience, you can’t fix hourly rate. In the same way if someone fixes an issue after 3 hours with the exchange of 4-5 emails due to lack of experience then also the hourly rate wont work.

So everything will come down into “how much you just prefer to get and how flexible your are for out-of-proportion situations”. The problem comes only when you don’t know how much you need.

148 posts
loveetc says

@VF: Thanks for your reply.

I have seen 4-5 topics here about the support positions. They have mentioned that they want someone to work 1-2 hours in a day and in all of them the authors ask “your rate/hour”, so I assume that there will be multiple support questions to answers, so you just work according to your time (ie. do as much you can do in your 1-2 hours).

5873 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Honestly, without doing a trial work for a whole week (1 cycle), it would be impossible to get the idea about depth of support an item needs. The original author’s 1 hour is different from any other dev’s 1 hour. So if you are in confusion, make a trial.

by
by
by
by
by
by