no-thumbnail
MoonRocketStudio Recent Posts
Threads Started
18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
MoonRocketStudio says

I have worked a long time, day in and day out, loosing my sanity trying to make sure my theme is perfect.

I read a lot of the rules, and understand the quality (obviously) has to be amazing, this is no problem, I believe it should be nothing but the best, but this is making me so nervous I am afraid I will never even release the theme, and have had wasted a lot of time.

I’ve googled some WP theme checklists, but to existing authors what would you say is some key points to keep in mind before submitting a theme?

Does a theme NEED a slider? What makes a high selling theme (tough question, so many factors, but in making sure a theme sells well what are some basic mistakes that can be avoided)

I would just like some insight into an authors mind who has passed inspection, were you as nervous as me?

I used some opensource projects, like an options panel. When it comes to code like opensource and things like bootstrap (I mean I feel like bootstrap made things too easy? what are your takes on using frameworks that populate most of the css? I mean it makes it soo easy it’s scary?)

Im rambling, but I want to release this theme soon, and would like a little assurance haha thanks!

129 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
bobural says

how can you learn to swim if you don’t jump in the water?...

Rejections are part of our very short lives… Just remember that the key of success is persuasion. Keep trying again and again and again. Also remember to change things… otherwise Einstein’s definition of madness will apply :)

173 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

I think a lot of first time authors go about it the wrong way. They like to jump straight into the deep end and go for a wordpress theme.

It would be better to start, way at the beginning. Get your design perfect in photoshop, and see if they accept it. Then move onto html and finally wordpress. There is a good chance your theme is not unique enough and so might be rejected.

That being said, you should have a good framework to build on. So all your work isn’t lost so to speak.

no-thumbnail
Threads Started
18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MoonRocketStudio says

@bobural great optimistic look on it, I LOVE it. Thanks that was the pick up I needed!!!

@kungfu I agree, but I prefer to design in the browser, and have been designing websites for clients for a long time, so my HTML CSS is pretty professional, of course I can always improve and I admit I am not the best.

So I didn’t just jump into wordpress I took a long time to transition. So I already made that leap, I am not so worried about design, but more about SOLID code…

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

I agree with @kungfu-themes for a structure & clean work .. step by step ..

331 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
dekciw says

..I am not so worried about design..

We will see :D There were a lot of new authors with ‘great design’ who were rejected like a gazillion times.

no-thumbnail
Threads Started
18 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MoonRocketStudio says

@dekciw yeah I shouldn’t have boasted like that, and put that out there. I am just concerned about code more than design, design is just cosmetic and can be changed fairly simple (I use simple loosely) its the bones that are the most important, and I am excited how far I came as far as learning PHP and JS but I am not 100% confident it’s up to standard, mainly because fiddling with it a lot and it being slightly unorganized (unorganized coding can confuse even the author).

I guess ill have to keep working and submit when I think it’s ready… It’s more about finding a way to be more productive and get as much as I can done, I need to get off the forums and back to work… (this refers to the fact that this project is wearing me down, I am ready to wrap things up, I think if I find ways to be more productive and organized I will succeed)

Thanks, keep chiming in it’s nice to see new input during my short breaks.

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

I’m worried every time before new release. :D

111 posts
  • Czech Republic
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Flay says

@MoonRocketStudio

Would you mind showing a live version of the theme you’re working on? :)

130 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Montenegro
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
joeBanana says

That would be just nice.

by
by