47 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
lawhater says

I was making a review site. I wanted to make it in wordpress. I already bought the How to be a rockstar wordpress designer. But I am wondering if anyone has any things they would seek in a review website design wise. for example. Some people like websites that are clean.. Some don’t. Some people like use of big text and images.

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Try for a minimal look. You’d be surprised how successful a design can be when its not filled up with a lot of stuff. When designing, think about every element your making and determine if its needed. If not, get rid of it.

47 posts
  • Canada
lawhater says

I’m not a hardcore photoshop personal. So what can I do to make it look nice but not take 1500000 hours. Any tips? I do not want to copy a tutorial. But just looking for some tips?

352 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
danharper says

See my ‘GamePress’ theme if you want an example of a reviews site. I think that’s what you’re looking for.

47 posts
  • Canada
lawhater says

Something like that. But I wanted it to look kinda cool. If you enter this site. http://www.ijji.com/ (After the Splash page) I like the way there is a picker it just looks really sick. I cant copy them right? I’d get in trouble? Or I can just make something thats like it but its my own would that be piracy? If I made it (but it looks like it?)

47 posts
  • Canada
lawhater says

BUMP ??

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Whatever you create, is yours, as long as you create it :)
It may however offend the designer of the website (and maybe others who know the original website) when it looks really much the same.

31 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
jmrodgers says

I like simple designs with cool effects. Most of the websites on ThemeForest follow this method. Minimal content, nice layout flow just works. It impresses the visitor and makes them want to return. Too much information or a website that has too much flash or effects can be distracting or confusing to the visitor.

2 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
forecollard says

My background is in design. Always went for the wow factor on websites rather than functionality and simplicity. Every site I do is less than the next. I recently converted a heavy site to WP with the SOFA theme. I have found much greater success in minimal (yet attractive) clean design and a simple functionality and easy to find content. Check out my redesigned blog at http://printedproof.com

47 posts
  • Canada
lawhater says

Thanks for all the reviews. Should I use wordpress or an html site. Wordpress is really evolving and I think it might be easy because with html, it would be hard to put links to posts in pages. It’ll be just too much work when there are reviews banging out each day.

by
by
by
by
by
by