437 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says

Thats not what iam about, for those of you that dont know who iam i mostly do charity and offer about 80% of my artwork free to the public to download and use in there videos no questions asked and all of you are more than welcome to check out what i do here free video backgrounds.
Might want to remove that link as you can’t link to free files you offer online.
5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Might want to remove that link as you can’t link to free files you offer online.

Cheers, Mr. M. I missed that one. Link removed.

416 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

Thanks for the thoughts, aebuster.

It doesn’t prove completely beyond doubt that you created the files when you said you did (creation dates can be changed), but it’s pretty convincing. (more on this in the post below).

Seeing as it wasn’t really Johnny’s intention to get your work removed and since the vast majority of commenters on this thread feel that the files are different enough, I think a nice conclusion to this story might be for Envato support to reconsider its decision.

+1

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
activebiz says

@felt – I assure you this is not done by reviewer nor site manager (Mark in our case). When they disabled my file, I didn’t know what’s going on, they didn’t send me any message for couple of days, so I had to investigate around, sending emails to support. Even then I didn’t get any reply, so I contacted reviewers. They also told me they have no idea. Later on, Mark found out what happened. I’m quite sure staff who disables the items are not motion graphics designers at all.

Have to agree with you. Besides even the compared snapshots of the covered face is not identical either. I judge artwork on a daily basis [nope, not here] and can clearly see the ‘intent’ of your positioning piano key just to cover just perfect to still show the actual facial expression, which I certainly am not getting with the chopped face of the other file.

I have an art gallery since 1993 and also deal with copyrights nearly daily – and I am protecting my artists to the utmost degree – but always with careful fairness if an issue arises.

I am sorry you are experiencing this matter – it is not encouraging to the artist/creator/designer etc. or fostering new creative juices to flow. And as far as release-time coincidents: well, history has shown since thousands of years – that we all are a “collective” in the universe. Even for smaller simple things, like the typewriter, nearly within 1 month of one another the first model showed up in America as well as a very different model – but same result, was declared as new invention in europe, sewing machine ;Singer in the US, Madersperg in europe], painters have been subject to these coincidences from the beginning of time – this is how the world determines an “aera” in history.

I hope, this does not discourage your work in the future.

Just my 2 cents worth as a ‘buyer’ on envato.

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i hope it gets restored for sale here, I’ll buy it just for the blue notes w/video overlay alone, which is great looking motion gfx

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
activebiz says

My comment below was intended for “aebuster” :)

@felt – I assure you this is not done by reviewer nor site manager (Mark in our case). When they disabled my file, I didn’t know what’s going on, they didn’t send me any message for couple of days, so I had to investigate around, sending emails to support. Even then I didn’t get any reply, so I contacted reviewers. They also told me they have no idea. Later on, Mark found out what happened. I’m quite sure staff who disables the items are not motion graphics designers at all.

Have to agree with you. Besides even the compared snapshots of the covered face is not identical either. I judge artwork on a daily basis [nope, not here] and can clearly see the ‘intent’ of your positioning piano key just to cover just perfect to still show the actual facial expression, which I certainly am not getting with the chopped face of the other file.

I have an art gallery since 1993 and also deal with copyrights nearly daily – and I am protecting my artists to the utmost degree – but always with careful fairness if an issue arises.

I am sorry you are experiencing this matter – it is not encouraging to the artist/creator/designer etc. or fostering new creative juices to flow. And as far as release-time coincidents: well, history has shown since thousands of years – that we all are a “collective” in the universe. Even for smaller simple things, like the typewriter, nearly within 1 month of one another the first model showed up in America as well as a very different model – but same result, was declared as new invention in europe, sewing machine ;Singer in the US, Madersperg in europe], painters have been subject to these coincidences from the beginning of time – this is how the world determines an “aera” in history.

I hope, this does not discourage your work in the future.

Just my 2 cents worth as a ‘buyer’ on envato.
by
by
by
by
by
by