Ive been meaning to ask this for a few years, I just don’t get it.
Are there some good guides on what a hashtag is etc ? Is it just Americans that use it ?
Am I alone in not getting Twitter ?
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
Someone was up late
Hashtag is just like a tag on anything else like websites, wordpress. It’s like a category almost. You can search by a hashtag and it’ll show all tweets with that hashtag. Hashtag is global, but it’s a bit old hat (because twitter can search by anything), but still common.
When looking at tweets i see stuff like #envato and @dave I think. Does that mean both those entities are notified you mentioned them, or does it mean when ppl search twitter your mentions possibly get found ?