292 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
crossroad says

I just noticed there are 56 popular items for WP category, 53 for Site Templates and 54 for the PSD.

These numbers look pretty random, and they have different number of sales. So I’m just curious to know how they decide the number of items the popular items category? (eg. Do they always have 56 items for WP category?, or do they always include all items which have 60 sales :D )

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+6 more
DzincStudio says

Hi crossroad, the Popular Items you’re referring to, is actually the Weekly Top Sellers. Meaning, those are the items with the most number of sales within a week.

292 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
crossroad says

Yes, but my question was, how they decide the number of top selling items ? eg. the WordPress category has 56 items. Why it doesn’t have 50 or 60? How they decide to display only 56 items?

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+6 more
DzincStudio says

I’m not certain, but it seems they list the top 50, which sometimes have additional items with the same number of sales. Either way, I’ll double check with someone from Staff and let you know.

3395 posts Nice Guy
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

I’m not certain, but it seems they list the top 50, which sometimes have additional items with the same number of sales. Either way, I’ll double check with someone from Staff and let you know.

I also know that it functions like this. There’s a fixed number, but if there are more items with the same number of sales as the last item in the list, they will all appear hence the fluctuating number..

by
by
by
by
by
by