26 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
acidking says

Hi, If you see the Liquid XML site: http://s3.envato.com/files/276454/dark/index.html The background changes when you click on menu buttons.

What I would like is to use the same background all over the site, but when you click on the menu buttons I want the background to pan around randomly and change its hue. I love how this is done: http://s3.envato.com/files/6710/index.html you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to pan around.

He says its a component mc_tween_2_28_29.mxp, would I be able to use the component in the Liquid template to achieve the background pan effect?

I simply would like to merge the background effect from the Urban site and use the layout of the Liquid site.

Thanks!

156 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Subeli says

Hi acidking!

The mc_tween_2_28_29.mxp is AS2 component used to make Tweens. It won’t make the backgorund pan effect out of the box. You will have to program it. To answer Your question. You can use it with Liquid XML .

26 posts
acidking says

The Liquid template uses tweener.as for all transitions, can I use tweener.as and mc_tween at the same time? If not I’d prefer to stick with tweener.as for all transitions, any hint on how is to achieve the pan/hue effect using tweener.as? Thanks.

1654 posts Building the Web.
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

there is no easy way. you can contact the author of liquid maybe he can customize it for you

26 posts
acidking says
there is no easy way. you can contact the author of liquid maybe he can customize it for you

I did, he says it need to be coded from scratch. I just want the background to pan and change hue, keyboard arrow usage is not essential for the mean time… i am going to try doing it myself using tweener caurina js, although i was hoping I could find someone more experienced to do a dummy template and i would pay him, because its going take me ages and I am a handful of work at the moment.

1717 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says
I simply would like to merge the background effect from the Urban site and use the layout of the Liquid site.

Sent you a mail.

26 posts
acidking says
Sent you a mail.

thanks, I’ve already come a long way since 11 days, figured out the menu myself, but i need help in something else if you’re interested.

See my discussion here about this item: http://activeden.net/item/advanced-background/discussion/21106

i managed to make the background change colour with use of colorMatrixFilter, and tweener to tile the background, which means i had to do away with the way the Urban site tiles the background using BitmapData. I didn’t know how to make it change colour using BitmapData, thats why i moved to colorMatrixFilter, now I don’t know how to make it pan using tweener although the tile is done by tweener, but I am not sure if colourMatrixFilter and tweener are compatible because when the size of the window is bigger than the size of the stage the colourMatrixFilter stops working.

What I need now (whether using BitmapData or ColourMatrixFilter or Tweener, or all those together) is like in the link above, if the background can tile with the main image being the one in the center, and need it to change colour and pan in a similar way as the SlideTo _.x _.y function.

My final resort would be to go back to BitmapData, and use a victor shape rectangle to fill the stage and use it to change colour, not as quite dynamic as i was hoping, so i am looking for a better solution. The background tool in the link above seems promising if it can be tiled.

+6 more
Firsh says

I know as2 but currently can’t do the tile that you are asking for in that item’s duscussion. Why are you using colormatrixfilter? Forget it. Caurina tweener has colorshortcuts and can animate colors nicely (i used tint but hue/sat/anything is an option). Check this out: http://hosted.zeh.com.br/tweener/docs/en-us/properties/ColorShortcuts.html

Apply the effect on the container mc that holds the background. You can have anything in that mc, tiled background or whatever, what is changed its container mc’s hue/sat/luminance etc.

Greensock’s solution has even more functions that support this.

26 posts
acidking says
I know as2 but currently can’t do the tile that you are asking for in that item’s duscussion. Why are you using colormatrixfilter? Forget it. Caurina tweener has colorshortcuts and can animate colors nicely (i used tint but hue/sat/anything is an option). Check this out: http://hosted.zeh.com.br/tweener/docs/en-us/properties/ColorShortcuts.html

Apply the effect on the container mc that holds the background. You can have anything in that mc, tiled background or whatever, what is changed its container mc’s hue/sat/luminance etc.

ok i just tried ColorShortcuts, but there’s a conflict with the tiled images, they either tile but don’t change colour, or they don’t tile but only the main appears and changes colour.

the alternative is to create a mask thats width and height are Stage.height/width and do a transparency effect and change its hue, any other ideas would be much appreciated. thanks.

+6 more
Firsh says

ok i just tried ColorShortcuts, but there’s a conflict with the tiled images, they either tile but don’t change colour, or they don’t tile but only the main appears and changes colour.

the alternative is to create a mask thats width and height are Stage.height/width and do a transparency effect and change its hue, any other ideas would be much appreciated. thanks.

Can I take a look at it? It’s hard to imagine why it’s conflicting.

by
by
by
by
by
by