31 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Design_Mania says

I want to add option for the user to choose the type of the gallery which he is adding. Will it be a slider, masonry gallery or some other type.

I cannot figure it out how I can add custom meta data in the media popup. Here in the screenshot I am showing where I would like to put it.

enter image description here

I would like to add SELECT, with OPTIONs of the Gallery type.

Thank you

1549 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says

Pretty sure it can’t be done.
Best thing to do it just let the user choose images, and choose the gallery type somewhere else.

10 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
Designer_17 says

Hey Design_Mania,

I’ve never tried this myself … but, I have been doing some research into customizing the “Add Media popup” for a current project I’m working on and I think I might have something that can help get you started.

To add meta data to the popup there are a few hooks that can be used: 1. attachment_fields_to_edit 2. attachment_fields_to_save

Here’s a WPtuts+ article on How to Add Custom Fields to Attachments ... though it doesn’t appear to be for galleries I hope it will (if nothing else) get you going in the right direction.

Don’t quote me exactly on any of this, I’m still trying to learn myself … but, I hope it’s enough to start with! ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by