152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
partnuz says

I’m quite sure I’ve figured this out. Check this https://gist.github.com/partnuz/9175420 and tell me if there are any errors.

368 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
QBKL says

I’m quite sure I’ve figured this out. Check this https://gist.github.com/partnuz/9175420 and tell me if there are any errors.

No, it wouldn’t work. It manipulates the content of the shortcode in an undesirable way. First off, you’re replacing each and all P’s and BR’s with nothing… removing them. Maybe your user doesn’t want all BR’s removed? Cause that’s what he’ll get when his content will run through your function.

Consider a column shortcode. You’re basically forcing the user to drop all his paragraphs and line-breaks in that column, and not only from your shortcode, but also from other shortcodes he might use from different plugins.

This thing is annoying mostly when it comes to container-type of shortcodes as it breaks our beautifully measured layouts, paddings, margins… we need a viable solution for this.

Right now I’m considering two options: 1. Pack it with a switch in admin and warn users of the “Dangers” of activating it. 2. Drop the function in the documentation, again with a warning and let the user choose if they want to paste it or not in functions.php.

152 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
partnuz says

Maybe combining bitfade gist and using it inside shortcode should be better solution.

4334 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Hey guys! I’ve requested a Staff Reply for this thread, as it’s important for apparently all WP developers! Your patience is appreciated! :)

84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Coffee-Themes says

Hey guys! I’ve requested a Staff Reply for this thread, as it’s important for apparently all WP developers! Your patience is appreciated! :)

Thanks!

3100 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Yes I’d love to see some real examples of why a solution such as bitfades is a bad thing? It fixes invalid code right? There is no possible way it can harm 3rd party plugins or mess with the layout of other content on the page? Or am I missing something here..

6 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Colombia
+2 more
CondorThemes says

Hello guys,

I tried bitfade solution but it doesn’t work for me, i think one of the reason why this solution is being rejected is because people let the same function name “the_content_filter”, and all these functions should have a prefix, like “yourtheme_the_content_filter”.

Can you tell me where i can put this code? maybe in functions.php?

Thanks

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, I’m currently discussing this with the review team, and will get back to you. Please be patient though, as it’s an important discussion, and it’s probably going to take longer than 5 minutes (particularly as a number of us are in different timezones).

Thank you! :)

368 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
QBKL says

Thank you Japh! Understandable considering the timezones. We do hope though it won’t take that long as it holds back authors’ projects around here.

Alex

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Thank you Japh! Understandable considering the timezones. We do hope though it won’t take that long as it holds back authors’ projects around here.

Thanks, Alex. I’ll definitely keep that in mind, and do my best to speed things along.

by
by
by
by
by
by