16 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
davido757 says

Can anyone help? I’ve asked the theme designer but I don’t know how long it will take and I’m really eager to move on with my new blog.

Yesterday I purchase a theme here. It has two columns with the usual main content area plus a right sidebar. Upon activation only the main content area is coded. I need to add div and the rest to get the sidebar.

Problem is, I can’t find a way to access the page content code. I understand it’s in the MYSQL database but I don’t have access to it.

Nor can I find a way to do this through the wp-admin dashboard or editing pages.

Thanks for any tips on this!

12 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
andreeib says

What Theme did you purchased?

228 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stevebluck says

Are you trying to widgetize the sidebar? What exactly are you trying to do to it? If it’s already widget enabled you just need to add widgets vai the admin panel. Appearnece/Widgets.

16 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
davido757 says

The theme is WP Addiction.

I checked the widgets in the editor and nothing seems to correspond to what I need. Here’s a sample of the code from the theme demo page:

/div id=”sidebar”/ /div id=”sidebar_in”/ /div class=”widget”//div class=”wg_top”//div//div class=”adds”/ /a href=”http://themeforest.net/user/axidev/portfolio”//img alt=”adds” src=”http://www.designqueries.com/demo03/wp-content/uploads/add_001.jpg”/// /a/ etc. etc. I’ve replaced the opening and closing tags with ”/” so the code will display.

My draft page after activation ends above the sidebar.

16 posts
davido757 says

Okay, I found the answer! Using a blank “text” widget gave me the empty sidebar box that I was wanting. I usually find that if you look hard enough you will find the solution. But the widget tip-off sure helped!

by
by
by
by
by
by