• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
tomislavn says

Dear friends,

As we all know, 3docean is still growing and it will take time that it becomes something extremely popular – like themeforest for instance! But, what could we do to increase traffic and sales on 3docean? Please, feel free to throw out your wildest ideas. You never know what can catch some developers eye :)

I will start:

- I would like that authors have some slight info about “most searched” items.

Your turn :)

27 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Turkey
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Araspicture says

1) I think you dont permission to Poor model and copy models from other site every things have to meke new model.

2) we have to add timely models.

27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
Araspicture says

I am search in google and not see the 3d ocean you can write search box

“3d model” an serach you can not 3d ocean firstly we start to progresive from here

112 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Europe
tdubic says

I am search in google and not see the 3d ocean you can write search box “3d model” an serach you can not 3d ocean firstly we start to progresive from here
Yes something is wrong, it is hard to find 3d ocean on google. Even new player CG Trader has top 10 place on Google if you use “3d model” and “3d models” keyword. If you try any keyword from 3D Ocean title tag, you will see it is not on first page on google. 3D Ocean probably get most visitors from other envato marketplaces. Envato have more than 4 500 000 users
27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
Araspicture says

we have to do in 3d ocean the auothers know the file searching statistics If you look at the turboqsuid service for outhor if we make do if author is know searching keyword in 3d ocean author make this models and some buyers didnot going to other site this is important because buyers is searching some files and not find and directly going on other site because othersite is more than 1000000 models but 3d ocean is 12000 models

2518 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+16 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in here really quick about this, as I’ve been an observer/author of 3DO for quite some time now.

There is definitely a lot of effort being put into optimizing our visibility, but truth be told, we are still a very young marketplace compared to the other dinosaurs which I’d not name here. As byaminaraz pointed out, our total content is growing, but we still have a long way to go.

We have nothing less, quite the opposite, in a few key categories, the quality is lightyears ahead of other similar Marketplaces, but in order to grow, 3DO needs more content, more authors, and maintain this level of quality or strive for even better.

To answer the OP’s question:

Talk about it. Spread the word on and off-line. Add your models not just here, feature the preview images on your own websites and link to the item page. Most importantly however, keep submitting quality content, and if possible, more of it :D

Thank you.

27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
Araspicture says

? just wanto to talk about the here because ? am author and ? want to earn money from here so that ? want to support my model and idea to 3d ocean we have to do because we are family I have this perspectives

but some times said wrong things so that ? am apologize but I d?d not know

2518 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+16 more
contrastblack Staff says

? just wanto to talk about the here because ? am author and ? want to earn money from here so that ? want to support my model and idea to 3d ocean we have to do because we are family I have this perspectives but some times said wrong things so that ? am apologize but I d?d not know

You said nothing wrong. I’m equally passionate and interested in helping 3DOcean grow, and all your thoughts make perfect sense.

Now, to practically address the OP’s question:

The infrastructure is the same, on both sites. The difference is the fact that one was launched way back, when the market was still in its infancy, whereas 3DO didn’t get the same privilege. As such, 3DO now has to attract buyers through one or all of the following:

• Quality items
  • Perception as a professional resource
  • Competitive pricing
  • Rare, but very sought after content (a.k.a. niche approach)
  • Usage examples

Point 1 is probably the most relevant, as you’d imagine. Perception as a professional resource is something that can only be achieved through having a high quality and by being recommended. Pricing is currently very well balanced. The rare items is a bit of a difficult one, and this is highly dependent on personal attempts to study what’s available and what not… and finally through usage examples, I am talking about encouraging buyers or personal clients that have used any of your items to also spread the word. It can be as little as a link shared with you, as an author, of the final product.

We love hearing about such stories and would be delighted to also give you the appropriate thumbs up for the great job :)

That being said, I’m open to any ideas the 3DOcean community would have, and would really appreciate if this thread would see a bit more activity :)

175 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
tomislavn says

... That being said, I’m open to any ideas the 3DOcean community would have, and would really appreciate if this thread would see a bit more activity :)

Thank you very much for your answer and opinion about this matter. I think I might have some more ideas to share soon.

I tried to somehow encourage and promote Element3D model presets availability on 3docean for buyers and also Videohive authors, so they do not have to go somewhere else to search for those models (which, I must add, reflected quite well on my sales also).

I am sure that we can bring more quality content here and with just a little bit of staff help and fresh ideas or suggestions, we can make this marketplace shine in all its glory :)

Last, but definitely not less important, is that I think I speak for whole community when I say that we are glad that we got someone like you in here, who is active, quick and helpful.

69 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
lassebauer says

I would say examples of use is paramount. I think the many previews and inspiration you find on VideoHive and Themeforest help the buyer get excited about the products. Most of the models on 3DO only have a few extra images – and could really benefit from a preview in an environment. And especially 3D models, which are normally just a small part of a project, would be so much more attractive, if they could be viewed in a scene or short clip.

Perhaps authors on 3DO could collaborate more with e.g. Videohive authors, so their models got exposure and seen in a cool setting – just like composers from Audiojungle do?

Pricing is very reasonable, and the models also seem to be of high quality generally.

My 2 cents :)

by
by
by
by
by
by