136 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
THPStock says

I asked this ages ago and never got a proper answer, so I’ll ask it again…

How do PhotoDune authors select a Featured File? I don’t mean, Featured on the homepage kind of thing, just on your own authors profile page.

e.g.: Look at Silent 47’s profile page – http://photodune.net/user/silent47 – you will see he has a Featured File in the right hand column.

Heaps of themeforest authors and others have this on their profile pages – just trying to figure out how!

When I asked this previously, someone said to look in my settings and there is a menu option for it, well there wasn’t. And there still isn’t.

Can someone please help me out here, I am obviously missing something!

5772 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

To be honest, I’ve wondered the same thing :) I thought there used to be a setting in the Dashboard, but I can’t find it either. Let me check into it for you.

136 posts
+4 more
THPStock says

To be honest, I’ve wondered the same thing :) I thought there used to be a setting in the Dashboard, but I can’t find it either. Let me check into it for you.

Thanks kingdog, I look forward to hearing what you find. I’ve been scratching my head on this one for ages now!

374 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Hey guys, I have submitted a ticket for this issue and will report back with progress. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

136 posts
+4 more
THPStock says

Cheers, thanks Josh.

374 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Cheers, thanks Josh.
OK, so here’s the deal… Due to the potentially massive size of some PhotoDune Portfolios, this feature whats throwing an error when trying to load up the list for them to choose from. As a temporary fix, we had to disable the option to set this file via PhotoDune.

Now there is a work around for this but you need to be an author on any of our other marketplaces (as you are). So, go here and set it and you should be all set :D

http://graphicriver.net/user/MicrostockMan/edit#tab=featured_item
136 posts
+4 more
THPStock says

Thanks Josh, just gave it a go and it worked!

Not to be ungrateful, but the drop down list would be hugely more helpful if it displayed a thumbnail once you selected a file or something, before you saved it. As you said, PhotoDune portfolio’s are large and we might have 5 files called “Concrete” for example – so which one am I choosing in the drop down? Just an idea anyway.

Thanks for getting this fixed up (temporarily even). Much appreciated.

by
by
by
by
by
by