6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Pakistan
cliccme says

Hi guy i want to change my entire roject from RGB to CMYK, does any body know how to do this ???

846 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kaixer says

Which software?

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

If it Photoshop then you simply go to Image > Mode and then from there you can go from RGB to CMYK or other modes. :)

2 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Montenegro
+1 more
Looca says

Simply converting it does not get the job done… Doing a proper convert from RGB to CMYK is a step-by-step manual process. If you have text content you need to convert all the text into correct value of black (K100), automatic converting does not solve that. Also, overprinting text over colored backgrounds is recommended. Also, if you implemented some corporate colors in RGB profile, they probably have more precise CMYK color definitions established in the book of graphic standards…

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
spoocobra says

Also, overprinting text over colored backgrounds is recommended.

If this is going for print. That’s kinda of wrong. It depends on the font and size. Anything really 24.5pt and above over colored backgrounds needs to be a rich black. See your printer if they have any specific call outs for rich black. Personally I use 60c, 40m, 30y, 100k.

339 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
kevinhamil says

See your printer if they have any specific call outs for rich black. Personally I use 60c, 40m, 30y, 100k.

This is true.. typically in my experience just doing K100 alone, the blacks tend to have a green tint. It’s not as much visible in indoor lighting, but very visible in daylight.

79 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
bangingthemes says

If this is going for print. That’s kinda of wrong. It depends on the font and size. Anything really 24.5pt and above over colored backgrounds needs to be a rich black. See your printer if they have any specific call outs for rich black. Personally I use 60c, 40m, 30y, 100k.

id tent to disagree in some cases as large areas of rich black overprinting on colour will cause jobs to take longer drying and cause problems for the printers and finishers, my personal preference for rich black is 50c, 100k but suppose its personal preference, my printers have never made it mandatory to supply jobs in rich black.

overprinting is also for small text as the printers have problems registering the plates when the text gets smaller causing white edges, large bold text doesnt really need to be overprinted if the printer is good enough to register the plates accurately

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
spoocobra says

id tent to disagree in some cases as large areas of rich black overprinting on colour will cause jobs to take longer drying and cause problems for the printers and finishers, my personal preference for rich black is 50c, 100k but suppose its personal preference, my printers have never made it mandatory to supply jobs in rich black.

over is also for small text as the printers have problems registering the plates when the, text gets smaller causing white edges, large bold text doesnt really need to be overprinted if the printer is good enough to

register the plates accurately

So much for my proof reading skills today lol. I meant I use a 40c, 30m, 20y, 100k for my rich blacks. Which is 190% ink density. As for the “problems” you mention it usually is no big deal, when you start getting close to 300% density is where you run into drying problems and such along with paper stock etc… Small type should always overprint which is why I said most type fonts 24pt above should be a rich black.

You really should always strive for rich blacks when applicable because it produces a better finished product and possibly help the printer depending on their ripping system and such.

I could go on for days and technical details about printing if anyone actually cared. Lol

79 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
bangingthemes says

over is also for small text as the printers have problems registering the plates when the, text gets smaller causing white edges, large bold text doesnt really need to be overprinted if the printer is good enough to

register the plates accurately

So much for my proof reading skills today lol. I meant I use a 40c, 30m, 20y, 100k for my rich blacks. Which is 190% ink density. As for the “problems” you mention it usually is no big deal, when you start getting close to 300% density is where you run into drying problems and such along with paper stock etc… Small type should always overprint which is why I said most type fonts 24pt above should be a rich black.

You really should always strive for rich blacks when applicable because it produces a better finished product and possibly help the printer depending on their ripping system and such.

I could go on for days and technical details about printing if anyone actually cared. Lol

yeah paper stock plays a big part, 300% ink desity sounds ok i was always taught that 240% or 250% is a maximum desity but again every printers specifications are different to each other, agree it does make the black look 1 million times better when you go rich. Ive been out of the print business for a while so my info might not be as accurate as it once was lol

219 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
vrtemplate says

it’l be my problems too, each time i’ve create rgb image preview/image preview set for cmyk printed item, i must adjusting to match the color

by
by
by
by
by
by