6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Turkey
Noctiluca says

Hi,

I’m going to build a wordpress site for a newspaper. They have 40 authors and all authors write one article/essay a day. There will be only one editor to add these articles to site, so creating users for all authors is not handy. All authors should have a archive page and picture of them on both article and archive pages . You can see an example here:

http://www.focushaber.com/yazarlar

Is there a plugin for sth like that or i have to use tags or custom post types? And i need a sliding articles tab sort of thing on the frontpage sidebar. So I’m a little confused and wait for suggestions.

Another issue is, what do you suggest for e-newspaper solution. They want to show all pages of the newspaper on the site. It should be easy to add jpg files of scanned newspaper pages. A pageflip plugin maybe..? What do you suggest.

Thnx a lot

2441 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

I see 2 options here:

1. Create the 40 authors and the editor simply selects the respective author when publishing the post. This is the easy, non-code way. You also get author archives out of the box.
  2. When publishing an article, use a custom field to rewrite the author’s name. Then, in your author.php file, do a custom query based on that custom field. See how to display posts based on a custom field.
  3. Hope this helps :)

6 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Turkey
Noctiluca says

Thanks a lot digitalimpact..Sorry for the late reply..I’ll check both options to see which one fits best.

Thnx again..

by
by
by
by
by
by