4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Tlintock says

Hello, I am new to wordpress. Bing is showing that I have multiple

tags on all my pages. I have tried many things to fix the issue, but I am not making any progress. I tried to modify the code below, but I was not able to fix the multiple tags issue on each page. This is from the theme header section.

<?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?>

Can some please help?

Many many thanks
158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
greenshady says

What’s the problem, exactly? I’m assuming your theme is an HTML5 -based theme. Multiple H1s on a page can be semantically correct.

485 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
theAlThemist says

Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title. Anything else would be considered strange/confusing by Google/Bing etc. and that’s why Bing alarms. You can’t have 5 main titles. Even if it’s a page with multiple posts, you would have 1 h1 tag saying Posts for example and 5 h2 tags for each post’s title.

384 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

I’m pretty sure I read in the HTML5 spec that heading hierarchies are reset within article tags meaning you could have multiple H1 tags on a page.

158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
greenshady says
Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title.
That is absolutely incorrect. http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/headings-and-sections.html#headings-and-sections
4 posts
Tlintock says

Thanks all…So here is my issue. All pages hidden and non hidden pages on my site have the duplicate h1 tag issues. Both Bing and Google is saying I need to fix these errors. How can I change the description of a page to be in the h2 category? I know u can change the category in the body to be h1-h*, but how do you change the line (description) at the very top of the page to be in the h2 category? If I can do that I will solve my issues. Thanks

4 posts
Tlintock says

To add a little more…the h1 tags are showing up with the title that is on the home page plus the title of of each page…making each page having 2 h1 tags. Many thanks for you comments or help!!

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

If you have bought your theme/template here I would recommend you to ask the author of the item, since he/she probably knows best how to modify anything in the theme/template.

Make sure to login with the account from which you did the purchase, otherwise the author won’t be able to help you.

4 posts
Tlintock says

Thanks…I am no longer doing business with the person who built the website…I know it is a Polyon theme. This is all the information I can get about the theme.

Current Theme Polyon

By Anonymous
Version
by
by
by
by
by
by