4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Tlintock says

Hello, I am new to wordpress. Bing is showing that I have multiple

tags on all my pages. I have tried many things to fix the issue, but I am not making any progress. I tried to modify the code below, but I was not able to fix the multiple tags issue on each page. This is from the theme header section.

<?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?>

Can some please help?

Many many thanks
158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says

What’s the problem, exactly? I’m assuming your theme is an HTML5 -based theme. Multiple H1s on a page can be semantically correct.

625 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title. Anything else would be considered strange/confusing by Google/Bing etc. and that’s why Bing alarms. You can’t have 5 main titles. Even if it’s a page with multiple posts, you would have 1 h1 tag saying Posts for example and 5 h2 tags for each post’s title.

390 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

I’m pretty sure I read in the HTML5 spec that heading hierarchies are reset within article tags meaning you could have multiple H1 tags on a page.

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says
Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title.
That is absolutely incorrect. http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/headings-and-sections.html#headings-and-sections
4 posts
Tlintock says

Thanks all…So here is my issue. All pages hidden and non hidden pages on my site have the duplicate h1 tag issues. Both Bing and Google is saying I need to fix these errors. How can I change the description of a page to be in the h2 category? I know u can change the category in the body to be h1-h*, but how do you change the line (description) at the very top of the page to be in the h2 category? If I can do that I will solve my issues. Thanks

4 posts
Tlintock says

To add a little more…the h1 tags are showing up with the title that is on the home page plus the title of of each page…making each page having 2 h1 tags. Many thanks for you comments or help!!

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

If you have bought your theme/template here I would recommend you to ask the author of the item, since he/she probably knows best how to modify anything in the theme/template.

Make sure to login with the account from which you did the purchase, otherwise the author won’t be able to help you.

4 posts
Tlintock says

Thanks…I am no longer doing business with the person who built the website…I know it is a Polyon theme. This is all the information I can get about the theme.

Current Theme Polyon

By Anonymous
Version
by
by
by
by
by
by