4 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
Tlintock
says

Hello, I am new to wordpress. Bing is showing that I have multiple

tags on all my pages. I have tried many things to fix the issue, but I am not making any progress. I tried to modify the code below, but I was not able to fix the multiple tags issue on each page. This is from the theme header section.

<?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?>

Can some please help?

Many many thanks
158 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
greenshady
says

What’s the problem, exactly? I’m assuming your theme is an HTML5 -based theme. Multiple H1s on a page can be semantically correct.

757 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
+9 more
theAlThemist
says

Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title. Anything else would be considered strange/confusing by Google/Bing etc. and that’s why Bing alarms. You can’t have 5 main titles. Even if it’s a page with multiple posts, you would have 1 h1 tag saying Posts for example and 5 h2 tags for each post’s title.

407 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
+7 more
EugeneO
says

I’m pretty sure I read in the HTML5 spec that heading hierarchies are reset within article tags meaning you could have multiple H1 tags on a page.

158 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
greenshady
says
Actually, in terms of semantics, you can only have 1 h1 per page and that is usually your page title.
That is absolutely incorrect. http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/headings-and-sections.html#headings-and-sections
4 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
Tlintock
says

Thanks all…So here is my issue. All pages hidden and non hidden pages on my site have the duplicate h1 tag issues. Both Bing and Google is saying I need to fix these errors. How can I change the description of a page to be in the h2 category? I know u can change the category in the body to be h1-h*, but how do you change the line (description) at the very top of the page to be in the h2 category? If I can do that I will solve my issues. Thanks

4 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
Tlintock
says

To add a little more…the h1 tags are showing up with the title that is on the home page plus the title of of each page…making each page having 2 h1 tags. Many thanks for you comments or help!!

905 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 2
  • 4 Years of Membership
+4 more
infuse01
says

If you have bought your theme/template here I would recommend you to ask the author of the item, since he/she probably knows best how to modify anything in the theme/template.

Make sure to login with the account from which you did the purchase, otherwise the author won’t be able to help you.

4 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
Tlintock
says

Thanks…I am no longer doing business with the person who built the website…I know it is a Polyon theme. This is all the information I can get about the theme.

Current Theme Polyon

By Anonymous
Version
by
by
by
by
by
by