5458 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Just playing with Camtasia ( juts got my version full blown for $49.99 for Mac ) with a coupon code I have .. anyhoo thats another story ;)

So anyway I have created a video is HD, and I am embedding at specific size: 940px x 529px

I realise youtube tries to force the correct resolution based on the embed size.. but it is defaulting to 480p

So wondered if there was a way to force the video to play natively in 720p without increasing the video x and y sizes.

I have tried a few different hacks going around but none seem to want to play ball .. has anyone managed to force youtube vids to play at HD on smaller embeds than 1280×720

5458 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

One way round this was just to launch the Video in Modal window. Which isnt that bad.. but not really what I wanted to achieve

2115 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

There’s a custom size area when using embed using older code.

You can also change the sizing within the code – it’s in 2 places.

5458 posts
+4 more
Australia says

Yes i know, however nowadays either method you cannot declare to display in HD. so gotta opt for largest video size.

2115 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

Yes i know, however nowadays either method you cannot declare to display in HD. so gotta opt for largest video size.

Sorry, haven’t run into that problem yet.

5458 posts
+4 more
Australia says

I suppose those developers who whack huge youtube vids on page, they dont notice it so much.

Typical code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ykNgti8EaY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So youtube, matches the video width and height above with the appropriate ( it thinks ) definition / resolution .. which is fine, but cannot over ride it.

Its cool, just fire a HD link modal below the vid in HD.

2153 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

add the following to your youtube link:

&vq=hd1080
571 posts Fuel Your Web
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Won a competition Had an item featured on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

add the following to your youtube link:
&vq=hd1080
In this case the correct code to add is &vq=hd720
by
by
by
by
by
by