204 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
Ceku says

Hi guys! After few years, i’ve decided to create unique tracks and build up my portfolio. A question for ya: How do you keep yourself inspired while composing your items? There are lots lots of authors here greatly talented and gifted by patience! I need your asistance about keeping myself calm and destressed while composing, arranging, editing.. Please advice me some! Thank you!

812 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
petrenj says

I listen to music which I don’t like

204 posts
+2 more
Ceku says

I listen to music which I don’t like

I hardly tried that and gave up spendin time for my comp several times, not works for me :)

383 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SamyBeats says

I simply hear music in my head how people who hear inner voice :) may be I’m crazy idk sometimes I watch movies,read books :)

452 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
boomopera says

In this business you can not wait for the inspiration to come to make a successful project. But I always find myself getting best results while driven by it. It can come from many different places, like something extraordinary happened to you, you had a memorable dream, or you met someone who simply triggered your inspiration in some way.. but the most obvious one is a track by someone else that inspired you. Its weird how my work gets done while Im high on inspiration. Its done in one day, ready for mastering, wheres every other time the tracks are not even finished. Some people have that kind of fuel all the time. But perhaps they simply learned how to manufacture, track after track. Useful templates are a good idea, I have one myself, and it does speed up the workflow a bit. But does it get me inspired? :)

Anyway.. I wish you all the best :)

204 posts
+2 more
Ceku says

Thank you guys! I’m hardly trying to lock myself on my compositions but sometimes it feels something on my shoulders and shutting it off for a few days, i’m searching for solutions about this issue :) Some triggers a beer, some kising their GF :), some are listening other stuff to make their minds clear.. Just wanted to hear own solution of yours !

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
Digitallush1 says

Play video games! (seriously…!)

139 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+1 more
nahkaorava says

If I get uninspired, I’ll usually stop composing for 1 or 2 days. Just spending some time with my girlfriend. After that the inspiration usually kicks in. I think having a little breaks every now and then is really good for you. :)

And boomopera is right about inspiration. Sometimes you can’t wait too much. Right now I’ve got the free file of the month. I’m working really hard on expanding my portfolio during this month, cause the free file might boost my sales overall.

226 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Polarus_Sound says

Due to my addiction to musicology, I often listen to academic speeches. Yesterday for example I heard about “wave characteristics” It was great to hear music from 100 speakers! It showed me how I can use rooms, reverbs and acoustics for my compositions. So my tip: If you see the chance to listen to a academic speech (musicology) -> visit that speech, it’s always worth, even if you listen to “music and animals” :)

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
Fegender says

When inspiration does not come I spend some time reviewing the sounds I have on my synths and sound libraries. Specially the ones I do not have in my usual template. And it happens that I get inspired by a patch or sound that I never used. It can end up with a track based on this sound or something completely different but it works for me. Listening to old, unfinished tracks works also. And if I get blocked on something I usually leave it for some time to go back to it later, when its almost forgotten.

by
by
by
by
by
by