5 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BrillDesign says

Hi everyone.. in my south african language we say “HOLA”.. when we greet..lol.. so on that note HOLA everyone.. hope you are well.. i’ve been a customer for a while now in themeforest but for some reason these days, i’ve been wondering why am i not on the other side of the table.. i’ve been a developing using mainly drupal, and other platforms.. i’m not very big on wordpress though.. but i do have a desire to start building themes for themeforest.. could you kindly please drop a tip, advice, how to get started and all the necessary information i could use right now… your assistance will be highly appreciated.. Thank you…

543 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

Hola :)

First, you need to decide what exactly you want to create. You should know if you want to do more design stuff or coding stuff (or both). If you feel that you can pull out some good designs, I advice you to create a PSD first. You won’t earn very much from it, but you will raise your design skill on the required level (which can be much higher than your actual level, so it can take a lot of time to get there). Once you have approved PSD, you can code it yourself or make a partnership.

On the other hand, if you are more into coding, then you will probably need to create a partnership right from beginning. Just browse PSD category, search for some nice designs which haven’t been transformed to theme/template yet, try to reach their authors and offer them collaboration proposal.

Please bear in mind that it can easily take months and even years till you create something which will sell good, so be patient and work hard, that’s the only way.

Good luck!

5 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BrillDesign says

Hola :)

First, you need to decide what exactly you want to create. You should know if you want to do more design stuff or coding stuff (or both). If you feel that you can pull out some good designs, I advice you to create a PSD first. You won’t earn very much from it, but you will raise your design skill on the required level (which can be much higher than your actual level, so it can take a lot of time to get there). Once you have approved PSD, you can code it yourself or make a partnership.

On the other hand, if you are more into coding, then you will probably need to create a partnership right from beginning. Just browse PSD category, search for some nice designs which haven’t been transformed to theme/template yet, try to reach their authors and offer them collaboration proposal.

Please bear in mind that it can easily take months and even years till you create something which will sell good, so be patient and work hard, that’s the only way.

Good luck!

Thank you very much… I really appreciate your assistance in this regard….

by
by
by
by
by
by