11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
w33zy says

I recently purchased a WC theme and while I am setting it up, I am noticing a lot of mistakes in the coding. The mistakes won’t raise a PHP error but it does add to the perception of low quality theme coming from TF.

An example is the PHP closing tag ”?>” being echoed in the HTML on all the anchor tags. This mistake is even visible in the demo page being linked to on TF.

Another example is multiple shortcodes being echoed on the front-end for a published paged. This may be due to a missing plugin but have installed all that the documentation said to install.

Another example is “hello” being echoed in the HTML for some template tags. It is apparent that these were being used for testing during the dev stages but weren’t removed in the production version of the theme.

A single product page in a WC theme that is somehow a blog archive according to the title tag. Plus much more.

The thing is i have sent several emails to the theme author outlining (listing) these mistakes. I have even sent him a admin username and password for my site so he can check. However, all i am receiving in delayed replies saying he can’t see what i am showing or he can’t log into my website or he doesn’t understand what i am saying. I sent a screenshot outlining errors being rendered in the browser, i created a username just for him to use, the login URL is the regular ”.../wp-login.php”. My client, who is almost computer illiterate is able to login without any difficulty but a published author on TF can’t.

So my question is, what is my recourse at this point? Considering that this theme isn’t ready for production and should have never passed quality control.

129 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

open a support ticket.

11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
w33zy says

open a support ticket.

With Envato or the theme author?

86 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
GoliathDesign says

Open a ticket at Envato’s support center.

11 posts
w33zy says

Open a ticket at Envato’s support center.

I am trying… took a while to find the correct link. The support site design is not winning any awards.

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
    Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has referred 200+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

Link in the footer (under Help and Support) – http://support.envato.com

231 posts Envato Market Support
    Member of the Envato Team Located in United Kingdom Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
MhW Envato team says

Hey Weezy!

Sorry for the confusion, we’ve just changed our Support Ticketing system so some things have been moved around. The link for opening a Support Ticket is: https://support.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you could include:

- A numbered list of the problems you’re having
- Screenshots
- What solution you’re hoping for (A refund? / A fix?)

...that will really help us get back to you with a solution quicker.

Thanks! :grin:

Christian

11 posts
w33zy says

Hey Weezy!

Sorry for the confusion, we’ve just changed our Support Ticketing system so some things have been moved around. The link for opening a Support Ticket is: https://support.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you could include:

- A numbered list of the problems you’re having
- Screenshots
- What solution you’re hoping for (A refund? / A fix?)

...that will really help us get back to you with a solution quicker.

Thanks! :grin:

Christian

Thanks everyone for your replies, if only the theme author was this responsive.

@MhW – i created a ticket included a screenshot (in fact i used a screenshot from the demo on TF) i have my ticket ID and i am awaiting a response.

231 posts Envato Market Support
    Member of the Envato Team Located in United Kingdom Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
MhW Envato team says

Cool beans, thanks!

There are a few Support Staff away at the moment, so probably best to allow a couple of working days for a reply. Don’t worry though, we’ll definitely get back to you :grin:

Christian

11 posts
w33zy says

Cool beans, thanks!

There are a few Support Staff away at the moment, so probably best to allow a couple of working days for a reply. Don’t worry though, we’ll definitely get back to you :grin:

Christian

BTW can i add to my existing support ticket?

by
by
by
by
by
by