168 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
subsolar says

We all know how important are these 5 stars and how hard is for the customers to use that option to rate the theme/template high.

The problem is that the satisfied clients are not rating because they just not care – the theme is good, it works so why bother?

And on the other side when a client stumbles on a bug (or don’t know how to achieve something with the theme) he rates it low because… yeah he can, that’s why,

So the question is – how do you get the interest of your clients to rate your theme? I’ve found out that one one the best ways is when a good support is given just remind them to rate if they want..

However the other problem here is that if there are no support tickets there is just no way to get most of them to rate it. A message in the theme description “If you are satisfied bla-bla..” just doesn’t cut it…

I want this thread to be a place where each author can share an observation or piece of advice. Le’t help each other :)

1182 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

I’ve found out that one one the best ways is when a good support is given just remind them to rate if they want..

This is basically the only way to do it effectively I’ve found, and usually yields good results :)

by
by
by
by
by
by