3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Puerto Rico
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
SugarToys says

Hi everybody! :)

Ive been part o the community quite some time, im a designer, developer and producer. But so far i’ve been able to submit items to audio jungle and graphic river. My business demand it has been for wordpress themes with my clients, but i never take my chances on theme forrest. Now, is been almost a year since i start developing my own framework to build wordpress themes and its is been a succes among my clients. Out of my small agency on Puerto Rico, i never been able to sell my themes anywhere else but for exclusive use on companies (like online marketplaces perhaps). Now that i got more power and skills (sort o speak) in coding wordpress themes i want to jump into the theme forest bus and expand my envato portfolio building wordpress themes for theme forest.

That been said, i have an idea how to increase items price to audio or graphics on their respective maketplaces, not that i KNOW like im some kind of guru, what i mean is i have an idea what to avoid or what kind of elements to use to make it a bit better (at least at the last time i submit something) but i got no idea how theme forest work on these areas. I have my framework ready with a lot of functions i code this year and im ready to start! :)

My question is, if it is posibble to answer or discuss. How i increase the price of my WordPress themes on the marketplace. I know about how the revenue is shared with the marketplace. so im not asking about the % shared. Im talking about what make an item to the reviewer increase your item price. Ideas about this, just thinking from the tip of my head, do responsive themes, options panels, mobile ready, html5, mulltiple fonts, multiple color schemes, eCommerce, buddypress and so on. Do these functions or other increase your item price?

Is anyway of sort of telling what to include on your theme, not to predict, or know for sure, but at least have an idea what things could make your theme have a better price from the reviewer.

I hope i explain my self clear and, my english is not that awesome, so hahaha i hope you get my question. XD

in case is no way to tell how to make your item have a bit more value, well thnx anyway. either way, im ready to jump to themeforest guys. As a newbie on this marketplace, every tip you can gave me it will be eternally appreciated.

thnx a million guys, im really proud to be part of the community :)

136 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
ThemeShaper says

You don’t necessarily want a more expensive theme ;) – lower price = more sales (assuming demand is fairly elastic. Top author items will probably be less elastic esp those authors that bring their own traffic and have a better brand, so they can probably get away with higher prices.)

As a new TF author I would assume elasticity, i.e. because you wont have a loyal following yet, lower prices might get you many more sales.. it is more of a ‘guess’ in the buyers eyes.

Anyway, ‘base’ price seems to be $45 for a theme with a decent amount of pages, shortcodes and features.

You wont get below $40 without the theme missing something (vcard / blog only / no blog, that kind of thing)

You wont get $55+ without ecommerce / buddypress.

$40 is mainly single page scrollers.

Wiggle room between 40 / 45 / 50.

Things like multiple color schemes, options, html5, option panels blah seem to make no difference.

tl;dr $45 is standard, ecommerce will raise the price.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Puerto Rico
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
SugarToys says

OMG you are right!

i didnt taught it that way, and is not something i didnt knew, but is not something i consider about what would it be a better strategy that would work better for me, volume vs price :)

thnx men for that and the other tips. i would start designing now for my debut w00t! XD

well then whatever price they put to my items i wont be down because of it :) i will just check what kind of category i will pick to start. I already spot some categories to start so, thnx.

Before finish, if anyone else can gave me some tips to be a good author on theme forest or to at least jump start with better insight i would appreciated. im looking foward to be more active and productive on themeforest. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by