3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lisa_clausen says

Hi, I have paid for and downloaded the zip file of the Forest Theme “Unite”. When in my Wordpress dashbord and trying to install this theme it does not work. I get the following error message:

“Stylesheet is missing”

Also the following error message appears:

Warning: fopen(/home/mickfant/public_html/wp-content/themes/unite-wordpress-business-magazine-theme_2/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mickfant/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4284

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mickfant/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4287

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mickfant/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4290

I am a total newbie at building WP sites and I have no clue what to do. I’ve downloaded the theme from Theme Forest twice to my computer and thried to install it on the wp platform twice and get this default message.

Have any of you experienced this? What to do? Most grateful if any of you can help me sort this out.

Best regards,

Lisa

3445 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

You need to unzip the file you downloaded and upload just the theme, which is located inside.

http://wiki.envato.com/buying/support-buying/solving-broken-theme-issues/

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lisa_clausen says

Thanks! The video solution No. 1 was hard to grasp, but then somwhow I managed to upzip the site file and managed to install the “inside” zip file. So, step 1 finished.

by
by
by
by
by
by