• Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

I am looking to make a eCommerce website that sells dimensional letters and signs, the look I am trying to get is like this website: http://www.geminilettersdirect.com

Not exactly the same of course but the same type of layout.

I am using Dreamweaver CS5.5 and would prefer to use that to make the website instead of a online cloud server like magento since those have large monthly fees…

Does anyone know of some good plugins to use such as for a shopping cart or other paypal checkout services?

I know CodeCanyon has some but I am wondering if you can recommend any that you have used before.

Also should I get a template from TF and then add the plugins to it? or should I try to build the site from scratch?

Thanks,

-Nick

1070 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

My advice. Purchase a theme from TF beacause this is much cheaper and will save you a lot of time.

243 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

My advice. Purchase a theme from TF beacause this is much cheaper and will save you a lot of time.

Do some of the templates come with the eCommerce plugins? or are they just a frame that I still need to add plugins to?

574 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

Magento Community is a self-hosted platform, and it’s a great platform if you want to work on the code yourself. If you’re talking about the SaaS version Magento Go, which is hosted, then yes there are monthly fees. But if you think $15/mo is expensive, you probably don’t have the resources to run an effective eCommerce site on any platform.

Web infrastructure is a cost of business. You’re either paying someone else to host the application or you’re hosting it yourself and paying for the server. If you want to save time, buy something that is designed specifically for eCommerce and that means starting with eCommerce platforms instead of plugins or the (shudder) PayPal API.

by
by
by
by
by
by