• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
cramdesign says

what will that do?

352 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

will have to try it ans see what it does BUT who are you working for??

I understand the frustration about IE6 but not quite sure why you would want to antagonize a client, leastwise for that anyway. I guess unless you have clients that you can just throw away and I would doubt that anybody is like that. if you were like that, I am sure that I would not want to hire you then anyway, regardless of how good you might be.

if you do that with IE6 , what else might you do it with as well? and it seems to me that if I hire you and ask you to do something for me, then I would want you to produce what I want for me else you may as well just go away and not be bothered with me.

Al

2039 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

I’d never do this for a client, but technically if you’re selling a theme anyone who buys it is a client – just don’t list IE6 support and this will flip EVERYTHING .

74 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
maneality says

Haha, crazy stuff :)

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
libra-online says

let me tell you how a user with ie6 thinks:

i go to webpage to buy/read smtg webpage crashes my browser i blacklist that webpage i keep using ie6 and go hunt a dinosaur

so in the end you lose a client.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

let me tell you how a user with ie6 thinks:

i go to webpage to buy/read smtg webpage crashes my browser i blacklist that webpage i keep using ie6 and go hunt a dinosaur

so in the end you lose a client.
:)) lol
83 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
Visualspire says

im doing a PSD for client right now which I’ll code as well. The client has no idea what the difference between 6 and 7 is or what IE8 and 9 are for lol. He doesnt even know a browser can be upgraded. Point is, he just has money and he wants a website that works. You know, everyday computer users don’t care about browsers. What I do is tell my clients that IE6 will cause new and more advanced viruses to take over their computers and also slow down their Windows. You have to keep your arguments basic so they get it. Anyway, I’m gonna see what this code does. Looks interesting :)

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

im doing a PSD for client right now which I’ll code as well. The client has no idea what the difference between 6 and 7 is or what IE8 and 9 are for lol. He doesnt even know a browser can be upgraded. Point is, he just has money and he wants a website that works. You know, everyday computer users don’t care about browsers. What I do is tell my clients that IE6 will cause new and more advanced viruses to take over their computers and also slow down their Windows. You have to keep your arguments basic so they get it. Anyway, I’m gonna see what this code does. Looks interesting :)

Exactly, you only need to tell them that a older browser is unsecure and can causes problems with viruses and trojans.

2 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
ianmh says

I still believe that most of the IE6 usage is corporate so the end user has no ability to upgrade their browser even if they wanted too. In the end we are just going to have more and more sites that simply do not work in IE6 properly. This browser has held back the web for too long and it’s time to move forward. There is also a huge extra cost to supporting IE6 , especially in more complex layouts and functionality.

by
by
by
by
by
by