172 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subsolar says

In this line of thoughts I’ve just received a message from someone who presents himself as [name removed] – a team with the experts in Joomla”.

I don’t know if someone else has been contacted as tome it looks as a message sent to many people with only the mentioned template name changed. [links and name removed]

To me it looks a little… eerm… fishy. What are you doing in cases like this?

102 posts
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
maartin says

I’m suspicious of everyone who uses term “we” / “team”, and has no real info anywhere on his profiles. This might sound stupid, but it has definatelly worked out for me on number of occasions.

1134 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

I’m suspicious of everyone who uses term “we” / “team”, and has no real info anywhere on his profiles. This might sound stupid, but it has definatelly worked out for me on number of occasions.
+100, too many say “we”, but behind the scenes is only one person.
140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
codeblvck says

When evanto ask you for partnership confirmation replay with all details including profit share.
Envato don’t do this…
Yes they do! You need to send email to envanto support to confirm partnership before other side sumbit theme for review.Simple add details including profit share in the email,just for the records and thats it.You are safe!

You clearly dont know what you are talking about my friend. Your partnerships with authors are of no concern to Envato. The only reason most authors get in touch with Envato is so that both authors have some form of comfort and trust. Incase of a dispute Envato will not be able to do anything about your partnership. In the worst case scenario they will remove one of the items if no agreement can be reached. Hence if you don’t trust someone sign a contract. That is what Envato will tell you too.

For me I only partner with awesome people! ;)

1557 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

“The world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust.” -J.M. Barrie

10 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
ThinkUpThemes says

There are lots of ways to build up trust as a new author. You can get involved in forum debates about issues not related in discussions just about yourself. You can also look to contribute to other Envato marketplaces such as in tutorials or maybe offer your services on microlancer.

Also, just giving feedback to authors on products is a great way to get your name seen. Try commenting on their products and telling them what you like. Trust is very difficult to build up, but as long as you come across as sincere and honest you shouldn’t have a problem.

Finally a lot of the authors here are the best in their field. I mean, if you’ve been accepted onto any Envato marketplace then you’re definitely talented. So it only makes sense that the authors want to work with others that are regarded highly. Why not get your current customers / clients to give you feedback on Facebook or Twitter. You can then tell authors to check you out there. That way they’ll see your committed and dedicated as you’ll have a track record for them to look at.

Keep plugging away and you’ll get there. Best of luck! :-)

16 posts
ThemeStarz says

I am afraid that great partnership can be build only via trial and error, if you don’t know someone from your surroundings. But if you find someone you can trust, you can build great things :)

151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
aldrinlsc says

Just do it yourself. It’s really hard to trust someone here, an elite author who currently have a popular item in HTML category once emailed me that he’s interested in converting my template to WordPress. I trusted him right away knowing that he’s elite and I’ve waited for almost 2 months then suddenly he backed out, LOTS OF TIME WASTED.

That’s not the first time it happened to me, they will draw you with their sales talk skills until they make you believe. Same thing with designers. I know there’s someone who can be trusted but that’s if you’re lucky.

I’ve learned my lesson. Goodluck.

102 posts
  • Located in Slovenia
+1 more
maartin says

At least designers need to upload their stuff to PSD section and developers see exactly what needs to be done. They cannot really be fooled. So what I would do, is just keep working hard with your PSD submissions, and you will find your guy. There are plenty of really good developers who are looking for designers right now, and with more awesome work, there are better chances you find one. GL.

by
by
by
by
by
by