629 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

Don’t even bother, let it die!

199 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+4 more
themeva says
Don’t even bother, let it die!

+1

960 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

not to be rude but why waste your time on IE6 ??

381 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
redfactory says

I agree. Like someone else said in the javascript fallback thread: “we designers/developers are the ones that need to push innovation, not the users” (not an exact quote btw). If we don’t give users a valid reason to ditch ie6 we will still be on the exact same spot ten years from now as we are right now. It’s frustrating enough to make everything work in ie7 and 8 ;)

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says
not to be rude but why waste your time on IE6 ??

not to be rude but how about to spend couple hundred thousand dollars and start an awareness campaign for the 10% freaking people who still use it?

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
I agree. Like someone else said in the javascript fallback thread: “we designers/developers are the ones that need to push innovation, not the users” (not an exact quote btw). If we don’t give users a valid reason to ditch ie6 we will still be on the exact same spot ten years from now as we are right now.

That’s not right enough. If a user browses with IE6 (low online culture), chances that he thinks about upgrading are 0. They won’t say “The website is broken under IE6 , I’ll upgrade” – they think “I’ll call my ISP to see what’s wrong”. Have you read “Don’t make me think” – it points out how different users think about websites from what we imagine.

There’s also a thing, called Informed choice – by not letting the user decide by himself, you’re actually manipulating him, instead of explaining and giving options. It’s like telling a child not to do something, instead of explaining why.

Many of those “IE6 users” by the way in the statistics are actually developers, making tests.

And just for the record, I don’t code for IE6 either anymore, I’m just making a point for others to think about. :)

629 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says
I agree. Like someone else said in the javascript fallback thread: “we designers/developers are the ones that need to push innovation, not the users” (not an exact quote btw). If we don’t give users a valid reason to ditch ie6 we will still be on the exact same spot ten years from now as we are right now. It’s frustrating enough to make everything work in ie7 and 8 ;)

Just wait until you have to make sh** work in IE 6 , 7, 8 and 9! :reallyevil:

by
by
by
by
by
by