2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mattocmd says

I apologize that you might find this question to be a little off topic but I’m going to give it a try….

I have a travel website and I want to make maps of cities/small towns. Nothing too detailed just something that would help travelers find places of interest…

I know about google maps but I want to have my own maps that I own the copyright to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

30 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
nfr says

Well one idea is to rent an airplane (if you don’t own one :P) fly the area, take pictures and then simply draw the maps on top of the pictures.

Now seriously what’s wrong with google/yahoo maps?

If you really want something special you can contact the local administration, maybe they can supply with some maps. Though I can’t imagine why would you go that far.

Cheers.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

why not just take screens shots of your areas in google maps – then use this as a base to simply draw your own – just basically trace the roads etc from the google images – use your own colors / style etc.

Would seem like the obvious thing to do to me.

537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Try this Adobe Air application, works perfect. imgmap_desktop

by
by
by
by
by
by