How does Twitter API or any other API work….?
How can i integrate API ’s to my existing / new application
The application could be of any type…., So how do i / anyone go about this?
You can try this for a start:
Are you trying to write an API to access your own web data, or are you trying to access somebody else’s data through their API ?
Thanks for the link, definitely helped a lot.
Yes, I am trying to write API access for my own data.., i…e Allow other users to use my API to access my services/data (whatever they might be).
Similar to twitter, facebook, etc…
Someone on here has written a REST based framework to help you do this.
Haven’t bought it so no idea what it’s like though: http://codecanyon.net/item/tiny-rest-framework/99263
- Community Moderator
- United States
- Was featured in a podcast
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Take a look at XML -RPC, a great example of mapping requests to classes and methods can be seen in CodeIgniter – http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/libraries/xmlrpc.html