• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

Hi,

Could you guys advise where to start learning how to make the theme fully supports WooCommerce plugin? Are there any requirements or checklist available too?

Thank you! :)

313 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Your best bet is to purchase some best selling WooCommerce themes here and look at how they do things.

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

I guess you should buy a store and try to use any features.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

I’m no expert on WooCommerce, but I try to provide people with basic integration for my themes. People seem to not really have any problems as long as the basic parts are in place.

So, the main thing you want to ensure is just that your theme is setup to not break on WooCommerce pages. In other words, you want your WooCommerce to fit in your theme’s wrapper, which by default is essentially WooCommerce slapped between your header.php and footer.php—this default behavior obviously breaks in many themes.

Here’s the article that lays out how you can do this with either using action hooks or creating a new template file in your theme:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

Also, make sure to see the very end of the article about declaring support. This is nice for buyers because they get scared when there’s a message at the top of the screen that says “Your theme does not support WooCommerce.”

From there, you’ll have basic support. If you’re looking to take things farther and make a true WooCommerce template, I think you’ll just want to get WooCommerce installed in your dev environment and just start going through styling how all the different WooCommerce features look with your theme.

67 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Indonesia
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
nackle2k10 says

Read the woocommerce documentation, surf the code ( this is the advantage of the open source )

don’t forget to use add_theme_support(‘woocommerce’); :D

381 posts Keep Walking
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

Thank you all for your great suggestions! Now I have more things to learn in the coming week. Hope I’m not going to tear my hair out while working with it. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by