215 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
Morad says

Hello.

How i can save my works websites from it be not in all hands for free. I mean if i upload a website using FTP , how i save my rights and prevent some contents to be downloaded when sava as pages. You know what i mean ?

Thanks.

353 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

if I can’t download it, how do you expect me to be able to see it?

Al

32 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
motlive says

you have to allow people the ability to download a website for them to view it. Every time you visit a site you are not viewing it on the server but are viewing a local copy that your browser has downloaded for you.

The save as feature simply turns this temporary files that the browser has downloaded into actual files.

116 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
finsta2 says

I don’t think its possible.

215 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Morad says
you have to allow people the ability to download a website for them to view it. Every time you visit a site you are not viewing it on the server but are viewing a local copy that your browser has downloaded for you. The save as feature simply turns this temporary files that the browser has downloaded into actual files.

may i couldn’t understand you. you know if u have such HTML template item on Themeforest and i go to in browser toolbar File>Save page as .If u did this with any item here, you will find that some contents won’t be saved because if this not happened, then all won’t need to purchase the theme and i will go File>Save page as.... so what i was meaning is how to do the same thing, i mean how to prevent any contents from saving to save my rights. Themes here is secured so if i put my themes on my site, iwant also to make them secured.

Thanks.

116 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
finsta2 says

while themeforest files are not secured what they do is put it in a frame and if you press the “X” then you can do that save as thing.

You can use .htaccess to make sure your files don’t get hotlinked.

by
by
by
by
by
by