189 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
settysantu says

Hi Friends, Ripping, most of them are suffering from this, i know am not one, so i need your suggestion on protecting it, most of my drupal templates are ripped i don’t know how to protect? so any idea?? plz suggest.

P.S : Yes i wrote to support now and many times, some are removed some are still visible, no proper action has been taken.

831 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says

To put it bluntly, you can’t prevent piracy. ;)

38 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
iKreateIt says

Upload your stuff to MyOws immediately if you haven’t done already so. Then try to use their services to contact the people who are ripping your themes. Receiving an official looking letter that tells them they are committing copyright violations might be enough already; if not, I think MyOws offers even more options.

https://myows.com/

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
StephanieHider says

My template was ripped in less than 48 hrs. I did a search to see what I could find in way of links not pirating but there it was. I downloaded my own pirated theme. Honestly, I was kind of flattered. Which might be sort of sad not sure.

101 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
LoewenWeb says
My template was ripped in less than 48 hrs. I did a search to see what I could find in way of links not pirating but there it was. I downloaded my own pirated theme. Honestly, I was kind of flattered. Which might be sort of sad not sure.

Have to say its kind of ironic that a church template is getting pirated… :)

I know what you mean though, when my first template got pirated it was kind of validating. After a while I just stopped putting much time into tracking and sending emails though, the time is better spent providing support to people who legally bought the template.

962 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

If adobe can’t stop it, we sure as hell can’t

831 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says
If adobe can’t stop it, we sure as hell can’t

Exactly.

@settysantu: Just go on making great stuff and most people will have the courtesy to buy it. :)

5 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
WBATFT says

Unfortunately it seems that its almost impossible to stop these people pirating themes. One trick I heard to help track them down is to name one of the template css images something weird like bluebirdymonkey.png and then you can do a search for it on a regular basis.

Get a template of a take-down notice done and send it to the download site as well as the end users. It’s a losing battle but I think you’ll find that people take the site down pretty quickly when they get an official looking letter telling them that the next step will be a lawyers letter to their ISP .

by
by
by
by
by
by