998 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

Today one of my logo was disabled by Envato due to the copyright violation. I didn’t copied the logo but unfortunately the person who claimed the copyright published his logo in 2009. The logo was based on very simple concept so many of designers can come up with that design. So my question is how to protect myself from copyright violation? I mean if I design a logo how I can get sure that the same type of design is not created before anywhere else? This is situation get me scared to make new logos as Envato is the only source of my income.

973 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

you could use google images search to see if the logo exists, you know where you can put a image in to google and it will find images like that.

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

With graphics (Photoshop ) its really a problem, and similarity is an-issue ,so he call you first and the Envato goddess vote against you, if it’s just one file I’ll say move on and forget about it .

If the Envato goddess vote against you again on other file then you have a problem, similarity is really something subjective with graphics .

Even the Greeks back in the old days where very careful when it comes to challenge there God`s :P

998 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

you could use google images search to see if the logo exists, you know where you can put a image in to google and it will find images like that.

I know this feature but it doesn’t give any similar results.

Below is my logo and followed by his logo

There is one other person came with claim also his logo is below

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

call it what ever you want but that’s a copyright violation.

998 posts
+5 more
mudi says

call it what ever you want but that’s a copyright violation.

I agree in terms of law its a copyright violation that’s why I am upset that same idea come in mind which is dangerous for the one which had the same idea at end.

by
by
by
by
by
by