316 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Hi guys,

I have Premiere Pro and also After Effects

For my website, I have an area on the homepage I usually put promo images and now I’m putting videos there also – 960×511 pixels

Now I’m having some problems creating a video with those dimensions using those programs, because it always comes out a massive filesize – I don’t know how to size it correctly.

Usually I used Youtube before but now I don’t want to use Youtube because of the logo so I got my own server just for videos.

-

1 video for example I tried to make a sequence in Premiere Pro but I don’t know what settings to use to resize it the size I want and then when I tried, in the end the video file was like 800MB even though the original video file I used was only 12MB

I’m so confused by how to re-size correctly for the web a web video for the homepage of my site

241 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
rendertom says

Well, it’s not “re-size” question as I see. It’s compression issue.

You get 800 Mb file because you are exporting to uncompressed file. To make it less megabytes, you need to compress it (not resize).

What file formats your site support? Will you play FLV files? MP4 , MOV, SWF or what? You’ll have to use appropriate compression for that, depending on what format your video player on website supports.

316 posts
uaesthetics says

MP4 is the best format

As I want to stay away from using Flash

316 posts
uaesthetics says

What setting or which template should I choose also for re-sizing it to the specific size I want? And how to compress it at the end and render it?

Sorry for stupid questions, this thing always confuses me

241 posts
+5 more
rendertom says

I dont have Premiere so cannot comment on that. What version of AE do you have? Not all versions can export to MP4 file.

What compression applications do you have except Premiere and AE? Any ways, just try to do it your self. Load your movie into compression application, set desired size 960×511, set frame rate, and play with Bit rate. See what you get.If your file is too heavy (too many Mbs) then lower down bitrate.

241 posts
+5 more
rendertom says

To use Premiere Pro to export to MP4 file just search youtube for tutorials. There are bunch of them. This one or this one looks decent.

316 posts
uaesthetics says

I have CS5

But I don’t understand how to set it from the start to “compression” mode?

For me I just put it in, set the size some and do make movie – but it always comes out massive :(

241 posts
+5 more
rendertom says

Did you see the links I posted? The guy shows how to export to MP4 file: File->Export->Media … and choose your codec.

by
by
by
by
by
by