• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Italy
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Skywarrior says

maybe you should stop because the freelancer do all the things yourself and why you ask here?

Dude you live in wonderland.

Don’t listen to this guy, focus on either design or development. Better be master of one art than mediocre on many. If you are good at back-end then hire/partner a front-end developer/web designer :)

1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

TF is a very good place but it’s also very competitive. If you are thinking about a start then I recommend working with some little projects first, online or locally where you live; to add up your portfolio. Then sign up to some freelance marketplace, you can Google – there are a lot. Time after time you would learn yourself a lot of skills, and moreover, get to know another creative heads in the industry. Then if you want to move on to TF, team up with a designer and make it big :D

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
themeinspired says

I am also trying to become freelance full-time, I am getting there slowly.

My advice so far is if you have a fulltime job like me it can actually help in many ways at the start.

Not only does it cover my monthly living costs but it is nothing to do with what I do freelance so its a good contrast, and when I get working on freelance I find I can get idea very easy.

I spend my evenings and free-time freelancing, then as more comes in I slowly reduce my hours in work, half a day to a day at a time keeping the balance and income equal across both areas of work, until hopefully my work and income becomes 100% freelance.

Some of my inspirations for doing this:

1. I hate my boss, the guys a tool.

2. I do not like seeing my skills go to waste i.e. I feel that every second spent working in retail is wasting my time.

3. Me and my Fiancee want a puppy so freelancing would allow me to be at home (puppy will be a part of our training for our first child).

4. I want to work for myself

5. Reduced cost on travel

6. Reduced cost on living (bill discounts on utilities via tax man).

We have so many things in common. Thank you for your advice!

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
themeinspired says

Day 1 – Study, practice, try new things, play, innovate.
Day 2 – Study, practice, try new things, play, innovate.
Day N – Success!!
+1

I now believe that’s also my way, thank you guys you give me confidence!

by
by
by
by
by
by