511 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

any permanent solution to get rid of this lifetime bad habit ? :) especially when being in front of the pc…

4641 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

wear gloves when u on the pc?

1243 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Enter your hands into pepper :D

P.S. Be aware of risk of touching your eyes!

511 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

Enter your hands into pepper :D P.S. Be aware of risk of touching your eyes!

already tried it some years ago, it works on a temporary basis but as soon as you stop putting the chili the habit gets back immediately :(

511 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

needs to be a practical & permanent solution :)

P.S: off-off-topic i think activeden wouldn’t have been the the same without your items, can’t you clone advanced to WP ? :)

4641 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

needs to be a practical & permanent solution :)

P.S: off-off-topic i think activeden wouldn’t have been the the same without your items, can’t you clone advanced to WP ? :)

Best advice would be to look at the causes for nail biting which generally would be caused by anxiety.. some people tap their feet, some people smoke cigarettes, some people bite their nails – it’s a crutch which reduces stress, and has become a habit, hard wired into your brain so it’s automatic. And just like any habit, it takes time to break the cycle. So the question you should ask yourself is; why do you bite your nails. Consciously you’re aware of it, and you want to stop. But subconsciously you’ve programmed your brain to perform the action. The subconscious mind is like a slow computer, so it will take time and will power to break the cycle. Diversion techniques can work, such as putting anti-nail biting liquid on your finger nails every day, but just like using nicotine chewing gum, it’s something you have to do everyday, and you have to want to break the habit. So find the causes for your anxiety, reduce stress in your daily life and use diversion techniques to break the cycle. You can do it!

P.S. Thanks for the good words, I do plan on doing some flash inspired themes, stay tuned!

182 posts straight to the art designs
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
arrowthemes says

switch to a mac :D Just kidding.

Try and find the cause, rather than trying to treat the symptoms.

55 posts Premium Web Developer
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themepixels says

cut your nails often

StampReadyTemplates
StampReadyTemplates Recent Posts Threads Started
42 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
StampReadyTemplates says

- Cut your nails.
- Slap your face each time you notice you bite em’.
- Realise you look like a wimp when you do. <—especially this one makes you consider to quit.

:)

441 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says

If it helps:

I had my 2000 new years resolution to stop biting my nails (I was 13 at the time). I bought something similar to Stop ‘n’ Grow back in the day and used to remove the old layer and paint a new layer of it on my nails once every 2nd day.

Once I realised that my habit started with me looking at my nails to “assess” their biting potential, I tried to keep my hands busy, but also try and focus on other things (can’t recall what exactly).

It took me about 5-6 months to truly get out of the habit, and over time I slowed the amount I painted on to longer breaks between days to not even doing it at all, I knew I was out of the habit.

It’s really difficult one to kick. As a girl I was also able to use coloured nail polish (during school holidays) as a way of getting me to check if I was doing OK – if you bite them or even just run them over your teeth, it chips the polish, leaving a very obvious mark that you’ve been bad.

People are saying to cut them often – I found this didn’t help for me, because I’d fall back into the desire of seeing a teeny bit grow and biting it down again. I needed to let them grow out by a few millimetres and keep them at that length.

But if they chip; cut and file it off as best as possible, otherwise that is tempting to “fix” it with your teeth.

Depending on how long you’ve bitten your nails for, you’ll find they don’t grow back as strong or stick to your skin as far along as other peoples do. This might not bother you, but it’s just something I’ve noticed.
I bit my nails for at long as I remember, so I’d say it would’ve been at least 10 years. They’re shorter and weaker than my SO’s for example.

I hope that helps :)

by
by
by
by
by
by