• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
its quite a job! I was looking for something easier…anyways thanks!
The coder must provide you that feature, I think that feature is a most have in all the premium themes.

+1

Only recently I’ve managed to get that functionality to my latest theme by providing a PO file for translation. Man it’s a lot of work but if you keep things right from the start of development the buyers will appreciate it.

no way!! that is awesome because I’m getting one of your templates! thanks!!

5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
marmot says

Adding a “localization ready” option here in the “items attributes” of a theme panel should help :)

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

@Bluz: thanks for your help. are you available for this job?

@jayjdk: thanks for the article. I did search google before posting and came out with post explaining somethin like that. The problem I have is that I would have to go through all the php files, that is a lot of job, and buyers need to change just quite a few things:

• 1 comment, comments
  • the “Search” word on the widget in the templates (this one is the hardest for me to find)
  • the send thank you messages
  • posted and date on comments
  • “these are the results of your search” after doing a search
  • some templates have for default a “HOME” link
  • send bottom name
  • read more
  • related post
  • leave a comment
  • navigation and subnavigation links usually in english
  • Basically, after a lot of template translating (talking about the code) I quite know which php files to change and I use firebug and dreamweaver to translate everything but sometimes I just miss something or cann’t find something in the php files. I often ask the author who better know the files also but having you authors offering that valuable .po file or translation is a time saver. I definitely will pay more for these templates.

@Freshface: Actually one of the templates I have on my shop list is one of yours. That’s is exactly what I’m looking for! is the fresh face panel is an awesome addition!

If you guys need a buyer for feedback, you can send drafts to dr[at]zonadearte.org and I will happily give you my comments on your work.

3135 posts
    • Beta Tester
    • Exclusive Author
    • United States
    • Won a Competition
    Daniel_R says
    Adding a “localization ready” option here in the “items attributes” of a theme panel should help :)

can you add that manually marmot? I mean, can I buyer add that attribute?

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
    • Bought between 100 and 499 items
    • Referred between 200 and 499 users
    • Won a Competition
    • Elite Author
    • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
    +1 more
    FRESHFACE says
    The coder must provide you that feature, I think that feature is a most have in all the premium themes.

+1

Only recently I’ve managed to get that functionality to my latest theme by providing a PO file for translation. Man it’s a lot of work but if you keep things right from the start of development the buyers will appreciate it.
    no way!! that is awesome because I’m getting one of your templates! thanks!!

Glad you like it :) Just a heads up, it’s only in london and showtime atm.

3135 posts
    • Beta Tester
    • Exclusive Author
    • United States
    • Won a Competition
    Daniel_R says
    Glad you like it :) Just a heads up, it’s only in london and showtime atm.

I just sent you an email asking you that…I’m interested in the showtime template but there was only one thing that was looking for and its a nivo slider option (or something similar) but anyways I’m getting your file…. ;)

5 posts
    • Europe
    • Has been a member for 5-6 years
    marmot says
    can you add that manually marmot? I mean, can I buyer add that attribute?

Sorry, in fact my comment was more like a suggestion to envato administration :P Adding that attribute will maybe encourage designers to provide po/mo files :)

38 posts
    • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
    • Has been a member for 3-4 years
    • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
    • Exclusive Author
    • Referred between 1 and 9 users
    graphikaria says
    ||+287144|Ivor said-||

Indeed!!!! There is a Real Need of localized premium themes. Responsive design and localized themes are two Must-Have features for today. And Themeforest should help us to aware designers and make some concious!!! This will definitively increase sells (it’s worth it)

Responsive Layout And Localization Are Must Have Features!!! Themeforest, please help!!!

38 posts
    • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
    • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
    • Exclusive Author
    • Referred between 1 and 9 users
    graphikaria says
    ||+287263|freshface said-|| Hey Daniel! :)

I have the most wanted translation settings in freshpanel (=my theme options page), check it out:

http://screenr.com/y30 Let me know if this is something that works for you (buyers) or not.

Man, that’s freaking awesome :)

2 posts
    • Bought between 1 and 9 items
    ventende says

Hi,

Why isn´t Wordpress global yet? I mean, last time i checked if I could use wordpress themes in my language (Norwegian by the way) was back in 2006! Almost seven years later it still seems like a daunting task. Ive been reading material on localization for weeks but I am still not able to get it. Its like “first you load the MO and then you re-edit the PO, then you code the POT and change the php files that went into the directory you had when you ftp´ed the site, but do not edit the BO cause then the PO will turn into VO and you dont want that. So remember to write a code under the code that sends the txt files to the server that borrows the temporary chache directory from the perl and the C++ files that the theme is made up of”

Get me?

Please. Message to all coders and makers of wp themes: Make´em global!!

There should be a version for each language or at least an EASY function if you need to switch languages. I can´t communicate to everyone in English so I need my themes to be in other languages as well. And I don’t mean just SOME of the txt, I do mean 100% of ALL txt on the site needs to be translated. The “search”, “disclaimer” etc etc. Everything.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by