102 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bjnet says

I can design a theme in about 2 or 3 days, but it takes me about month to code a premium theme.

Is there a best way to write fast code?

I am curious to know!

Please share your experiences, how do you save your valuable time? and how do you code your themes fast?

Tips will be really appreciated!

Thanks

1028 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
181 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
MCStudios says

Hor me is different, it takes me about 1 week or more to design a theme and it takes me about a week to code it including the IE fixes.

I use a lot Text Expander which makes all the work easier.

367 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

Wow a month. I think that would only be the case for beginners. I spent more time designing and less on code. The code is mostly there already.

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

Split window your html and css.

Get another screen and keep your browser opened on that…

Quit your messengers and facebook and twitter

You’ll code faster than you do now :)

78 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
fredwu says

I’d rather code ‘right’ than code fast.

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says
I’d rather code ‘right’ than code fast.

+1 code wrong and then….. :) you will lose more time with debugging than the actual codding

102 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bjnet says
Wow a month. I think that would only be the case for beginners. I spent more time designing and less on code. The code is mostly there already.

Its not the case for beginners at all, freshface is one of the top author, he himself saying that he spent 3 months on “Creative Zodiac Theme” do you think he is a beginner?

And i think “duotive” also has spent months on his first theme, i had read it somewhere on forum post. correct me if i am wrong.

14 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
kaptinlin says

I have spend almost 3 months on my first wordpress premium theme, and the work is still on. Maybe you’ll see my work on themeforest soon.

15 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Acroica says

I think than you need to know your weapon (programmming language and API ) for “write fast code”, but for fast programming you need more logic, i train my logic in programming contests like http://www.topcoder.com/tc or http://icpc.baylor.edu/

by
by
by
by
by
by