• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Jordan
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
uouapps says

I think that all authors can agree that after sale service is the most challenging aspect when selling on envato, some buyers are supportive others can really be annoying and demanding

how have you guys been dealing with after sales and how would you describe your buyers ?

Cheers

UOU Apps

1196 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

I think that all authors can agree that after sale service is the most challenging aspect when selling on envato, some buyers are supportive others can really be annoying and demanding

Honestly, I don’t think anything good can come of this thread considering this is an open forum.

NINJA EDIT: But in the spirit of the thread, I use Ticksy for support. Recently I changed my support tactic, by taking a firmer hand on customisation requests, and everyone is happier, most buyers are simply asking questions, tell them that ‘this is a customisation’ etc. and do it politely and everyone is happy :) Other than that I’d say my buyers are demanding, but extremely appreciative of any support I give them, and that makes me happy :)

576 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

If what you do has value, offer it and charge for it. Doing that will remove people who wouldn’t provide you any value in return.

922 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
greenline says

Patient. Respectful. Correct.

Though, 2-3 of my buyers were impatient and they were unhappy with some features, but everything ended with “Thank you for your great support”.

I really think that every unhappy customer can be transformed into a happy customer (of course, if they are not another Envato author in disguise, with the purpose to harm you)

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I really think that every unhappy customer can be transformed into a happy customer (of course, if they are not another Envato author in disguise, with the purpose to harm you)

I wouldn’t say every unhappy customer. There’s always the one who tries to destroy you, because he/she paid $40 for a theme & you wont develop it further (for free of course) with the latest 12 slider plugins added in. :)

All in all, most of ours are respectful, though with a touch of impatience – which is a given because I think the majority of stock themes are sold on an impulse and there’s the “need to install, need to get my website up now” thought process.

491 posts uouapps
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
uouapps says

Honestly, I don’t think anything good can come of this thread considering this is an open forum.

NINJA EDIT: But in the spirit of the thread, I use Ticksy for support. Recently I changed my support tactic, by taking a firmer hand on customisation requests, and everyone is happier, most buyers are simply asking questions, tell them that ‘this is a customisation’ etc. and do it politely and everyone is happy :) Other than that I’d say my buyers are demanding, but extremely appreciative of any support I give them, and that makes me happy :)

Hi Tommus,

Thank you for your feedback (btw, I’m a big fan of your work) There was a new thread about this ticksy support system, what’s so special about it compared to any of the Ticket Support themes ?

Cheers UOU Apps

491 posts uouapps
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
uouapps says

If what you do has value, offer it and charge for it. Doing that will remove people who wouldn’t provide you any value in return.

the problem is that many buyers already consider a $50 theme as a HUGE investment so if in addition to that you tell them tha they have to pay then they will simply give you a bad rating which will impact your sales

491 posts uouapps
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
uouapps says

Patient. Respectful. Correct.

Though, 2-3 of my buyers were impatient and they were unhappy with some features, but everything ended with “Thank you for your great support”.

Patience is definitely an essence but sometimes you need to be strict and impose the code of conduct because some buyers expect an answer within minutes, when you have over 1000 buyers then it really becomes annoying (especially with the time difference, we’re based in Europe and when Buyers from the US time zone purchase one of our items and have a problem with an installation then you wake up the next time and you see 10 emails of the buyer going crazy and expecting to get a refund (at the end it happens that this buyer purchased an HTML version thinking it was a WP version :) )

491 posts uouapps
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
uouapps says

I wouldn’t say every unhappy customer. There’s always the one who tries to destroy you, because he/she paid $40 for a theme & you wont develop it further (for free of course) with the latest 12 slider plugins added in. :)

All in all, most of ours are respectful, though with a touch of impatience – which is a given because I think the majority of stock themes are sold on an impulse and there’s the “need to install, need to get my website up now” thought process.

would you consider employing someone just to handle after sales ?

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

would you consider employing someone just to handle after sales ?

I have a solid support team, but there’s still support to do when there’s assistance needed with finding answers, and I like to get hands on to better understand weak points in the docs/kb/products as a whole.

by
by
by
by
by
by