26 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
WPVault says

I’ve recently submitted my second WordPress theme here at ThemeForest and it was rejected. There wasn’t much information provided so I thought I’d ask the community what they’d improve. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated and I’ll take it all onboard, and hopefully implement a few things.

A little of topic: I do worry that I’ll end up changing my theme so much that it will no longer feel like my own (after reviewers ask for things to be changed).

Theme: http://wpvault.com/louatie/

I’d love to get this onto the marketplace as I’ve spent a good few months working on it; I submitted it for the Creative category. Thanks a lot guys & girls!

1476 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Hi there,

I actually love your theme design very much. I’m a big fan of minimal designs like yours so high five.

Issues in my opinion:
  1. Images in homepage carousel are not resized (you load full version instead of cropped ones) causing unnecessary long page loading
  2. http://wpvault.com/louatie/our-pictures-will-become-old-photographs/
  3. Contact form button is an image (how are users supposed to translate that?)
  4. Contact page is too simple and does not look as good as the rest of the layout (maybe incorporate google map somewhere, that’s pretty much standard these days).
  5. Button shortcode (first in line, the grey one) has white text on hover making it impossible to read the button text

And my last sugestion would be to implement few more layouts for blog/portfolio, for example with single column ot three columns.

Good luck

26 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
WPVault says

Wow, thanks for the feedback OriginalEXE! I truly didn’t think someone would go to such length. I’m really liking your suggestions and I will get working on them tonight—all of them actually.

I think the next time I do release a theme I’ll get feedback here before releasing. That was really helpful, thank you very much!

by
by
by
by
by
by