How You Decide On, when You are stuck on Choosing The Perfect Design Element for a Theme?

102 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bjnet says

Hi, designing a premium theme is really a tough job, sometime i get stuck on some element or part of a theme, and usually i do have few variations of choices, for example, for logo, for buttons, for navigation, for lines, for padding, for spacing, for sliders, for demo images etc…

And i can’t decide, that which one to choose, because when i compare different variations for different elements, sometime all of them looks fine to me, and i get confuse that which one to choose.

Is it only me, how do you solve this problem, and how do you decide the perfect choice, when you have different variations for the design elements etc…?

Is there any technique? please share your experiences, i am curious to know!

Many thanks!

251 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
web_gab says

Hi, designing a premium theme is really a tough job, sometime i get stuck on some element or part of a theme, and usually i do have few variations of choices, for example, for logo, for buttons, for navigation, for lines, for padding, for spacing, for sliders, for demo images etc…

And i can’t decide, that which one to choose, because when i compare different variations for different elements, sometime all of them looks fine to me, and i get confuse that which one to choose.

Is it only me, how do you solve this problem, and how do you decide the perfect choice, when you have different variations for the design elements etc…?

Many thanks!

I sometimes have the same dilema. I usually look at the design from different angles, on different backgrounds and in different environments. If that doesn’t help me to decide, I take a break, play starcraft, go out for a beer, work or something else or anything that helps me to forget about that and then come back and take look :D. If that it’s still not enough, I go to sleep and take a fresh look in the morning. But my method is to keep comparing from different angles and distances.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Many thanks!
I take a break, play starcraft, go out for a beer, work or something else or anything that helps me to forget about that and then come back and take look :D. If that it’s still not enough, I go to sleep and take a fresh look in the morning. But my method is to keep comparing from different angles and distances.

It does actually help quite a bit to take your eyes off of it for a bit, and come back to it :-)

102 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bjnet says

Many thanks!
I go to sleep and take a fresh look in the morning.

That quite helped me too!

by
by
by
by
by
by