81 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Geon says

Recently I tried to work from home last week and it was “No words to explain” experience. Not even complete single flyer PSD. How you guys manage your kids along with your work? Balance between your kids & work (Creative). Glad to hear your experience.

1029 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Good question… :confusedsad:

I spend all the day long with the my 5 years daughter, then after she sleeps, I work usually the nights, when everything it’s peaceful and quiet.

Now I am used to sleep only 4-5 hours per night and it seems it’s enough :notfunny: At least for me…
Though, sometimes I dream about the times before :evil:

295 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
mariokulas says

I don´t have kids.. but I have a family that doesn´t understand that on the PC I´m working.. and not just clicking something with the mouse :D ..

I figured that getting up early in the morning (3 or 4:00 AM) while all of them still sleeping is the best time for working… it is not a great solution, but hey… it´s better than nothing :bigsmile:

Between 4 and 9 AM I produce more stuff than throughout the all day lol…

320 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says

You need to change your working horus, first work when all go sleep this is your first choice or if you have house you may consider to build office house a small room for you because working from home is the most hard thing you need to fight with yourself, body keep telling you to relax ( thing if you are in home you need to rest )

1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

When you are working from home, it’s best to have an area that is dedicated for working. If you find yourself not getting any work done because of distractions, going to coffee shops or renting a shared working space would be a good option for you.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

or buy some Gaffa Tape.

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I spare half of my working hours when everyone is sleeping. Either early morning or late night will work.

81 posts
Geon says

Like the idea Australia ;). Nice suggestions friends…late night & early morning is a good option. Still open for more options :) and hats of friends who have kids and family who really don’t understand Computer work and still making lot of money and building awesome portfolio.

2722 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Great question! I work from home and it has not been without its challenges, but there are some easy things you can do to quickly make it work!

• Make a room or an area in your house a dedicated office.
  • If you don’t have room for a home office or if there are going to be too many distractions for you to work, find/use a local library or coffee shop to work from.
  • Establish rules and set expectations with your family. e.g. If you’re door is closed, try not to bother you (unless there’s an emergency!), teach your young kids to knock before entering etc… Setting these kind of expectations up front is really important so that no-one gets upset or offended when you tell them you are busy and in the middle of something. :)
  • Treat yourself to a decent pair of headphones. Noise-canceling if possible, especially if your office is in an open space without a door. Bonus – if you’re self-employed, this is a tax-deductible purchase!
  • Try to work your hours around your family if possible. Meaning, if there are periods of the day when your family are not there, use that time to tackle projects that command your greatest attention. First thing in the morning before the kids wake up or late at night when they are in bed for example.

Finally, when you DO spend time with your family – switch off from work completely, that means phone and computer. “A man should never neglect his family for business.”Walt Disney

1199 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
chiccosinalo says

or buy some Gaffa Tape.

+1

by
by
by