UndergroundMovie
UndergroundMovie Recent Posts Threads Started
7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in France
UndergroundMovie says

Yes indeed we can send money via paypal or else, but that involve extra fees what about in one year ? Does the owner of the account will mind doing it every months ? That’s why I post this message… to be looking for a viable and a great solution for both authors !

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Well, if you withdraw money using PayPal, you wouldn’t lose a single cent because Envato would cover the transaction fees. Since you can request multiple payouts per month to different accounts, perhaps you can calculate and make the exact payment to your partner (directly from your TF account to your partner’s PayPal account), and the rest would be yours.

164 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
ThemeVan says

Maybe send money to each others via paypal every months is the only way, of course, I will do that timely, however, it not enough to make my partners to trust me, because they are lack a valid certificate, only if I am a company and sign a contract with each others….otherwise, just trust.

Not sure that there is one day Envato can add this useful options for teamwork… :(

UndergroundMovie
7 posts
  • Located in France
UndergroundMovie says

That’s well said Johnny ! But it’s well said about it’s a fact of trust that we have mails, facebook live chat and other proofs if needed, cause you won’t risk to loose your account and everything for just a template, it’s not worth it ! Otherwise I think we’re gonna virtually sign a paper where we both admit we won’t steal a thing on the work we will provide, best way out i guess.. :confused:

493 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

We do split 50/50, one of us gets full amount and sends the other one his share via payo c2c transfer.

Mutual trust is a must for a long term and successful collaboration here. If you feel the need to sign a paper and/or collecting evidences that could be eventually used against your team mate, you’re doing it wrong unless it’s a one time project.

My 2c

UndergroundMovie
7 posts
  • Located in France
UndergroundMovie says

I agree with you, but even you, or everyone else can’t trust 100% a team mate that you never worked with just once at least ! I’m not intended to collect proofs, but when we share creativity, ideas and design in this case, it’s important to have more than trust you understand ? If our work will be great, then we will trust each other for sure :)

493 posts
+8 more
pixelentity says

If our work will be great, then we will trust each other for sure :)
To realize a great (or poor) item would just help you decide whether your partnership is worth the effort or not. You gotta trust each other regardless or else working together will be an issue.

My advice would be to just focus on the project and assume your team mate won’t try to back-stab you at the first chance. Even with signed paper and every precaution you can think of right now, if bad s**t is bound to happen, it will nonetheless.

BF

UndergroundMovie
7 posts
  • Located in France
UndergroundMovie says

We do not intent to make things goes wrong that’s not the goal at all. The main post was created to request feedbacks about which solutions could be best for sharing the earnings. Thanks for your comment anyway pixelentity !

493 posts
+8 more
pixelentity says

We don’t trust paypal at all and, since Envato has no feature to split the income, we use payoneer to share our earnings because it has free card-to-card transfer up to 5k usd per month.

This allows us to avoid any % based fee but one of us must get whole amount first, that was my answer to your original question and why the trust matter was pulled in the discussion.

BF

UndergroundMovie
7 posts
  • Located in France
UndergroundMovie says

Oh ok that’s a great thing to know we won’t get working with paypal so ! I never worked on envato before, but when i met johnny i defitely thought he would be a great partner into coding so anyway thanks for your responses and for the tips ! We’ll deal with trust for sure :)

Have a great day, UM.

by
by
by
by
by
by