104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
thomasfedb says

The crease gives the box shape. would you just use a line?

104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Australia
thomasfedb says

OK, here’s the final version. Like it? I’m going to do 4 colours and 3 sizes plus vector formats.

\\

343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JackHowell says

The vanishing point is still way off; the back corner looks higher than all the rest. Ideally it needs to be the same ‘diamond’ shape the base is if it is an actual cube.

The shading is OK but not accurate – best thing to do is create a light beam in a cone shape from the top left corner and the see where the light would ‘hit’ and shade accordingly. Inside the box looks about right it’s just the corners of the lips of the box and under them which is not quite right.

Personal opinion!

2 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
Januz says

I agree with JackHowell on the vanishing point. And I think you should make the gradients more subtle, they’re a little distracting right now. Make the black a dark grey and the white a light grey.

Other than that I like it!

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

For the alignment of the text you have it aligned to the bottom of the box which is partically ok. What you should do is create a guide line in a new layer along the bottom and slide that up to the bottom of the text. Then create another line across the top of the box on that side and make them long enough that they cross. Move the top line down and the text should be touching both lines. You’ll need to render the text and adjust using the points.

While writing this I notice that your perspective along the top of the box above the font is incorrect as well. It’s giving the allusion that the front left side of the box is smaller than any other side.

If I have a minute I can set up a guide frame amd post it for you.

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

If you take a look at this image it shows how to line up the edges. I did it quick so mine isn’t at angled as yours but I thought this might give you an idea on how to line up the text.

104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Australia
thomasfedb says

Yes, it was just an error.

However you just showed me an image very simmilar to how i constructed the boxes. It’s much easier than rotoating and shearing. Fixed now.

BTW : Thanks for all the constructive critisism. Also, the box doesn’t actually have any real perspective. The shapes are perfect diamons and rombuses.

343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JackHowell says
Also, the box doesn’t actually have any real perspective. The shapes are perfect diamons and rombuses.

That might be where you are missing out on some really good impact!

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
duplos says

It seems as if you are showing an orthrographic view of the box. This is the 3D format used in engineering and technical drawings. The sides run parallel instead of converging to a vanishing point. If this is true, then check the box insides, they seem to be off-parallel. If it was meant to be a perspective design, then Everything needs to converge to a vanishing point as mentioned in some of the replies.

The new drop shadow is much better in the lighter mode.

by
by
by
by
by
by