1123 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello All

I know, we have discussed in various threads about this isse, but STILL no official statement about future developments. It is in my opinion a realy urgent issue, as the users on “non Flash” devices are growing from day to day (use google analitycs to see what your visitors are using). I don’t see why we authors allways have to deal with “workarounds” to have our Portfolio / Item pages in a neat and working state. I don’t want to embed AJ Radio on all my item pages, and i don’t have the time to change the html blocks in my item descriptions piece by piece (160+ items) manualy.

so PLEASE Envato and Audiojungle, give us an official and reliable timetable of the following developments :

1. Default html5 Audioplayer
  2. Default lower html block in item description
  3. Revamped search engine

Look at my screenshot above, there would be at least the option to embed the Soundcloud html5 waveform audioplayer. I know, embeding is not what Evvato likes, but you can limit it to Soundcloud widgets for example until the default html5 AJ player has been implemented.

This Thread should get as crowded as possible, so Envato hopefully agrees, that we authors are indesperate need of this 3 points. If not, i will no longer put any effort in threads like that and just leave my AJ portfolio astray (which i really don’t want to!).

Thanks everyone for your time and support, i count on you :)

2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

+1 from me! Perfect suggestion with such a html5 player like shown above, I feel like you, SonicCube. It should be somehow possible to do this in a not too long time and i think it’s 100% superurgent for all of us, including envato, or not?

1123 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Indeeed, it is super urgent for all of us. Think about how many times a customer will try to listen to a track on his non Flash tablet ? After the 5th item page that does not have a AJ Radio html 5 button, he will leave and visit / browse on another Stock music site where he is able to listen and buy what he needs.

Ok, one could say…the customer could still use his laptop or PC to browse for music on AJ; but this is just not the reality in 2012 and we ALL have to progress or will wonder someday, why we are no longer “in great demand”.

p.s. The waveform player in my screenshot is the embeded widget from Soundcloud. As most of us Authors have an account there, it would make sense to allow embeding these in the meantime. This is not a huge effort for the dev. team …. they “just” have to unblock it :)

447 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Depard says

+1 from me

774 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

+911 , from me :)
My question is: can we better give a link to the client, so that he went to the site Sound?loud?... Especially because we can upload . waw files and accordingly our preview sounds better than here?

128 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SoundWavesMusic says

Great suggestion, I think it will be very helpful. AJ Radio is too time consuming and a bit too complicated for me. Most of us already have soundcloud profiles where we put our watermarked tracks so I see only good coming from this.

1123 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

@StudioEtude :

Sure you could dot his, but it would be time consuming again and not looking very professional :)

@ Sound Waves Music :

Exactly, why should we not simplify and use the strenth of both plattforms if we all use it anyway!? Sure you can give a link to the according track on Soundcloud to your customer. Or you could also post the link in your item description. But then again, this would be just a workaround and not realy a professional solution.

774 posts
+1 more
StudioEtude says

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

774 posts
+1 more
StudioEtude says

@StudioEtude : Sure you could dot his, but it would be time consuming again and not looking very professional :)
I think same!
2005 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hey StudioEtude, your pasted image is not online somehow!?

by
by
by
by
by
by