Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

And like @SchwartzSound mentioned in another thread, tags and markers that would allow the listener to navigate in the preview more easily in case there were multiple edits…
Our new dev manager @johnviner expressed the will to communicate more with us about what they are working on… now would be a great time to shime in!

2003 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I’m pretty new on AJ, but i feel like we would have absolutely great reviewers and they communicate to us by feedbacks and forums, but after what i experienced until now it feels to me like all other’s are so far away from us as australia is from switzerland… :( Are there developers around at all??? Because they “work” (?) on issues for months and years but it looks to me like almost nothing happens!? But also i hope that they proof the opposite now! Dear developers, come on please! I’m sure, communication would already help a lot to let us understand what’s going on and we would surely be much more patient and happier!

1122 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello Mat

I can assure you, that it hasn’t been as quite as in the last few months / year in the Audiojungle forum earlier (from the dev. and officials side). When Scott has been looking after Audiojungle, he was allways very helpful and did a lot for the comunity. Not to mention all the contests he launched for us AJ authors. I have the strong feeling, that like with every startup, once things have settled and the money flows quite well…people tend to take it a bit quiter :) I don’t want to blame Envato or anyone here, i still love this place / comunity like no other stock music site, but Envato should be aware of the “progression” a plattform like this needs all the time…...if not, we all know what will happen :)

So, lets hope, someone will soon show up in the forum and give us a clear and reliable statement of what will be up when and why it has been so quiet the last few months.

241 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

We should just bundle all of these complaints into the same thread, and just keep reposting the same thread with every issue in it every week and spam it with hundreds of ‘+1’s or whatever will get Envato’s attention until they start checking stuff off of the list.

Here are the things that have popped up in the forums numerous times from authors and even buyers to no avail:

1) Search Engine
2) Licensing (The whole VideoHive issue, more options for ‘broadcast rates’, options for bundle purchasing)
3) Shopping Cart
4) HTML 5 Audio Preview
5) Rating system makes no sense for AudioJungle. Buyers can preview and even download the entire audio file(s) before purchasing.
6) The similar items feature is still exploitable, and it can still link out to multiple other tracks by the same author when we were told that that would be fixed, or looked into.
7) Pricing. AudioJungles production value keeps going up and up and up and up and up and up. Uploads sound much better than they did even 6 months ago, yet the prices haven’t changed in … 2? years. Not even keeping up with inflation.

147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

If it matters, here’s my +1 to a better audio player, non-flash, compatible with iOS devices, and with the ability to advance the track so you can skim the track

365 posts
+3 more
musicguy says

+1 and

8 ) followers management

327 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
TimOstanin says

+1 from me

Nice idea SonicCube :)

1122 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

We should just bundle all of these complaints into the same thread, and just keep reposting the same thread with every issue in it every week and spam it with hundreds of ‘+1’s or whatever will get Envato’s attention until they start checking stuff off of the list.

Here are the things that have popped up in the forums numerous times from authors and even buyers to no avail:

1) Search Engine
2) Licensing (The whole VideoHive issue, more options for ‘broadcast rates’, options for bundle purchasing)
3) Shopping Cart
4) HTML 5 Audio Preview
5) Rating system makes no sense for AudioJungle. Buyers can preview and even download the entire audio file(s) before purchasing.
6) The similar items feature is still exploitable, and it can still link out to multiple other tracks by the same author when we were told that that would be fixed, or looked into.
7) Pricing. AudioJungles production value keeps going up and up and up and up and up and up. Uploads sound much better than they did even 6 months ago, yet the prices haven’t changed in … 2? years. Not even keeping up with inflation.

Hello BC

I completey agree with you. The only thing which i dont understand exactly is the point with the shoping cart, what exactly do you think should be altered / improved there ?

Thanks again to everyone, and remember…...it’s the persistence that will pay off in terms of keeping this post ALIVE and an eventual statement of Envato ;)

241 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

1) Search Engine
3) Shopping Cart
4) HTML 5 Audio Preview

Hello BC

I completey agree with you. The only thing which i dont understand exactly is the point with the shoping cart, what exactly do you think should be altered / improved there ?

Thanks again to everyone, and remember…...it’s the persistence that will pay off in terms of keeping this post ALIVE and an eventual statement of Envato ;)

One of the most mentioned ideas from buyers in the forums other than the search engine is having a shopping cart system. It would allow customers to easily purchase multiple licenses for tracks and move much more quickly with purchasing a lot of different tracks from the marketplace.

Now if a customer needs to buy 5+ licenses of the same track they have to go through the buy/checkout process 5 separate times. I’ve had a customer buy 5 licenses at once before, and I believe Tim has said in the forums he has had to go through customer support in order to get a buyer a way to purchase 50 at once. This might even be losing us sales.

Imagine if a YouTuber needs 25 licenses for their channel and they come to AudioJungle and discover they have to go through the checkout 25 times. I think at some point they might just say screw it and bail, or just buy 1 license and call it a day even though they would probably buy the 25 if it were made easier with a shopping cart system.

I also mentioned in another thread that with a shopping cart system Envato could implement a cross marketplace system to make problems like the VideoHive extended license debacle go away, and not possibly screw over a whole marketplace. For example I’m sure Envato (they’re a web dev company at heart for christ’s sake) could make a smart shopping cart system that knows (through a few extra options upon upload of a VideoHive project) what AudioJungle audio it uses and give the customer an option to buy them both at the same time as a bundle on checkout or upon adding the VideoHive project to their cart. This would be a far far and away superior system than having dozens of links spread all over profile pages for collaborations, or textual links in item descriptions to let customers know what is going on with the audio in the template/video, etc.

A lot of the time I’m sure these sections of profiles or descriptions are largely ignored and buyers are left wondering how to get the audio they saw in the VH preview. They then have to either go back and find the item they bought and check, or ask the VH author if it isn’t documented well and so forth. It would be unimaginably better if VideoHive authors had a way to declare what AJ items they are using with their files on upload and the system just asked the buyer “This VideoHive project contains audio from one of our AudioJungle authors, would you like to purchase this file as well?” when they add the item to cart, or go directly to checkout.

EDIT: Also if anyone else read the dev blog recently on Envato Notes, they’ve said that a HTML 5 compatible AJ player is in the works, so that is wonderful. The mobile market sales we might gain from that would be very nice

by
by
by
by
by
by